whatsapp backup android->ios->android

• Replies:2
  • OpenNot stickiedAnswered
  • Forum posts: 2

May 29, 2018 9:29:01 AM via Website

My Nexus 5x recently gave up and is currently in repair. I'm using an iphone 5s now in the meantime and I was wondering what will happen if I log into whatsapp with the same phone number but without my google drive backup. Can I just use the backup normally when I get my android phone back or will the data be overwritten and lost?

Best answer
  • Forum posts: 20

May 30, 2018 5:21:55 AM via Website

Hi, Fabian.
When you use the same WhatsApp account on iPhone 5s, your google drive backup (your old whatsapp chat history) will not restore on iPhone 5s. And the chat history that created on the iPhone 5s will not get back to your Nexus 5x when you get it back. So you can use the backup normally when you get your android nexus back, the old data won't be overwritten or lost.
But as I mentioned above, the new chat messages on your iphone will not be synced to your android, so after the repair you use back the nexus, you will only lose the chat history on iphone. If you want the iphone whatsapp messages merged with that on the android, you have to use WhatsApp transfer tool.

Helpful?
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 4, 2018 9:15:44 PM via Website

great, everything I need to know. thank you!

Helpful?