Transfer App Data and Files - Phone with SD Card to Phone without

• Replies:6
  • Answered
David Walker
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 27, 2018, 8:38:19 AM via Website

Hi

I’ve recently chosen my upgrade (yay!) and am going from a Vodafone Smart Ultra 8 to a Huawei P20 Pro.

While I’m waiting for it to arrive, I’m wondering on how Ian best to transfer my files and app data (plus anything else I’ve forgotten about), from a phone with a Micro SD card to one that doesn’t.

I, unfortunately, don’t have a laptop/PC (death by Windows 10 two years ago, it was an old boy though), so I can’t have both plugged in at the same time.

Are there any tricks, apps or devices I could use to make this easier?

Thanks

Best answer
Emily Baker
  • Forum posts: 37

Jun 28, 2018, 5:09:09 AM via Website

Without computer,Google Drive is also an option to sync data between two Android phones. With it, you can sync your data from your old phone to the cloud server and then restore them to your new device. But to use this means, you need to meet two requirements:

• Download and install the Google Drive on both your Android phones;

• Have a valid Google account.

If you ensure that you meet these two requirements, you can begin to sync the call logs.

Step 1. Backup the mobile phone records to Google Drive

Open the Google Drive on your old Android phone and then go to "Menu"> "Settings"> "Backup". Here you will be asked to add your Google account if you haven't added it. Then you can mark "Call History" or other files you want to backup and hit "Start Backup" to sync the files to Google Drive.
Step 2. Sign in the same account on your new phone

Now you can power on your new Android phone and enter the Google Drive with the same account. Then you can find the option "Backups" to view or download the call logs without any limitation.

Helpful?
rovinnewmanDavid Walker
James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Jun 27, 2018, 2:15:54 PM via Website

You can take advantage of some free cloud storage such as Google Drive, One Drive, Amazon Drive, or Dropbox, to transfer your files.

— modified on Jul 4, 2018, 4:06:29 AM

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Helpful?
David Walker
Best answer
Emily Baker
  • Forum posts: 37

Jun 28, 2018, 5:09:09 AM via Website

Without computer,Google Drive is also an option to sync data between two Android phones. With it, you can sync your data from your old phone to the cloud server and then restore them to your new device. But to use this means, you need to meet two requirements:

• Download and install the Google Drive on both your Android phones;

• Have a valid Google account.

If you ensure that you meet these two requirements, you can begin to sync the call logs.

Step 1. Backup the mobile phone records to Google Drive

Open the Google Drive on your old Android phone and then go to "Menu"> "Settings"> "Backup". Here you will be asked to add your Google account if you haven't added it. Then you can mark "Call History" or other files you want to backup and hit "Start Backup" to sync the files to Google Drive.
Step 2. Sign in the same account on your new phone

Now you can power on your new Android phone and enter the Google Drive with the same account. Then you can find the option "Backups" to view or download the call logs without any limitation.

Helpful?
rovinnewmanDavid Walker
Ceciclia Garcia
  • Forum posts: 44

Jun 28, 2018, 5:25:04 AM via Website

Here is another method to transfer data from Android to Android without PC- making use of the application SMS Backup & Restore. Just as its name says, this application is good at backing up and restoring messages and call logs. But apart from that, it also supports a fast transfer between 2 phones over Wi-Fi. The transferring process is as below:
1. Set the sending and receiving phone
Download and install the application on both your devices and then launch it. Next, tap on "Transfer" button on both Android phones. Then on the sending phone, you need to select the option "Send from this phone" and click on "Receive on this phone" on the receiving phone.
2. Pair the devices
After that, the sender will scan for nearby devices and send an invite to the receiver. While receiving the invite, receiver should click the "Accept" button to continue.
3. Backup the call logs & messages
Next, you should go to the sending phone and choose "Transfer text messages and call logs from the current state of your phone" to let the sending phone start backing up the call logs and messages.
4. Accept and restore the files
Now you have to click on the "Accept and Restore" button on the receiving phone and set the SMS Backup & Restore App as the default messaging application (you can change it later). Then the sender will begin the transferring process and you will receive a success message when the transmission ends.

Helpful?
JexHaru
  • Forum posts: 6

Jun 29, 2018, 12:18:23 PM via Website

You can use the cloud. Or you can download special software

Helpful?
rovinnewman
  • Forum posts: 12

Jul 3, 2018, 10:17:15 AM via Website

I think Google Drive is the best option of all.

Helpful?
rovinnewman
  • Forum posts: 12

Jul 3, 2018, 10:18:12 AM via Website

Personally, I save all my data in google drive only.

Helpful?