Restore Whatsapp messages

• Replies:9
nirco1999
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 27, 2018, 9:27:34 PM via Website

Hello,
today I got my new one plus 6 after 3 years of using lg g4.
So I downloaded Whatsapp and I wanted to restore all of the messages, I tried to use the restore option when optimizing the app after opening it for the first time, but for some reason it doesn't restore any messages(only pictures, saw them trough file manager).
I tried to transfer the database file from the old phone to the new one but either I'm doing it wrong or its just ain't working.
please help :)

Ceciclia Garcia
  • Forum posts: 44

Jun 28, 2018, 4:30:46 AM via Website

Sometimes it is quite annoying that the important data gets lost or deleted from your phone, such as the WhatsApp data which contains your important conversation record or wonderful memory with others. But please don't worry, the WhatsApp data can be recovered from Oneplus device. Just have a look at the available method to restore lost WhatsApp data from Oneplus phone.

Tool You'll Need to Recover WhatsApp Data from Oneplus:

The Oneplus WhatsApp Data Recovery is a professional recovery tool to recover lost or deleted WhatsApp data from Oneplus phone. It supports to restore WhatsApp data like WhatsApp chat history, WhatsApp images, WhatsApp videos, WhatsApp attachments and other Samsung data from Oneplus 6.

— modified on Jul 3, 2018, 11:35:04 AM

Helpful?
Emily Baker
  • Forum posts: 37

Jun 28, 2018, 4:41:07 AM via Website

And when you reinstall the WhatsApp application on one device, you will be able to restore these backed up conversations easily. The specific moving process could be:

Step 1. In case of losing data, you'd better backup the messages manually. Just open WhatsApp on the LG G4 and click on Menu> Settings> Chats> Chat backup> Back Up to backup the WhatsApp chat histories.

Step 2. Now just uninstall the WhatsApp from your LG G4 and download it on your OnePlus 6.

Step 3. To install WhatsApp on your OnePlus 6, you need to figure out what kind of SD card you have by checking the LG G4's specifications.

• If you have inserted an external SD card to your old phone, you can take the card out of the device and then plug it into the new one.

• If you only use the internal memory or internal SD card, you will need to move the "/sdcard/WhatsApp/" folder from the old phone to the same folder on your new phone. Just connect both your phones to computer and open the old device. Then find the "WhatsApp/Database" folder and copy the files that are created most recently. Next, paste the copied folder to the "WhatsApp/Databases" folder on your new phone.

Step 4. After the installation, you can launch the application on the Oneplus 6 and verify the same phone number that you have used to backup the chats.

Step 5. Next, just tap on Restore when you get a prompt asking whether to restore the found backup.

Then the chat histories that you have backed up on the LG G4 will be restored to the Oneplus 6.

— modified on Jul 3, 2018, 11:39:29 AM

Helpful?
sophia779
  • Forum posts: 18

Nov 1, 2018, 3:18:23 PM via Website

Its a common situation to occur many times that we as a user lose our WhatsApp data like photos due to several reasons and we don't get any way to restore those photos. I would like to tell you that to get back wiped away data from WhatsApp, you should use the backup if available.
If there is no backup then using any powerful recovery tool can help you to get out of the situation and all your data from WhatsApp like photos will be recovered.

Helpful?
CCarol
  • Forum posts: 18

Nov 2, 2018, 2:52:15 AM via Website

WhatsApp really does a bad work on restoring messages. Even thought I use its Backup and Restore feature, not all my messages are restored successfully! That happened twice untill now!!!

Helpful?
Steven
  • Forum posts: 118

Dec 27, 2019, 10:56:04 AM via Website

If you have backed them up before,
1.Uninstall WhatsApp.
2.Open the WhatsApp backup folder.
3.Rename the file from “msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt7” to “msgstore.db.crypt7”.
4.Install WhatsApp and tap Restore button.
If not,try WhatsApp messages recovery.

Helpful?
MichaelJohnny
  • Forum posts: 27

Dec 27, 2019, 3:04:19 PM via Website

If you have backed up the data then it will be only possible then

Helpful?
derekpittx
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 3, 2020, 6:21:00 AM via Website

Damm even I am having a similar kind of issue, I have searched all over the internet and even have posted on number of threads on different forum, no solution seems to work. I am really frustrated, can anyone of you here help me resolve this issue, I am very much tired now.

Helpful?
Engineer.AI
  • Forum posts: 5

Mar 4, 2020, 8:33:26 AM via Website

OP, I really doubt that you can do it without cloud support. You should however, know that all data (unless cleansed) is always present in your phone on some obscure location.

If you manage to extract that, its well and good - but if not, I dont think there is an app that can help you with this.
~Engineer.AI

Helpful?
Mehwish khan
  • Forum posts: 6

Apr 15, 2020, 5:23:17 PM via Website

I think the backedup mssgs can be easily restored, correct me if im not wrong

Helpful?