My phone won't turn on and has a blue light

• Replies:3
n i c o l e
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 11, 2018, 3:23:51 AM via Website

Earlier I got just a little bit of water on the bottom of the phone, near the speakers and where it's meant to be charged.. I was told to put it in a bowl of rice and leave it for a while, but once I actually tried turning the phone back on again, It kept a black screen and had a blue light at the top. It's not flashing or anything. It's just a blue light that won't go away... Is this anything serious? Can I still use my phone and turn it on again?

Emily Baker
  • Forum posts: 37

Jul 20, 2018, 3:23:43 AM via Website

What's your phone model?

Helpful?
Ceciclia Garcia
  • Forum posts: 44

Jul 20, 2018, 3:37:41 AM via Website

Last time,my Huawei phone meet the same case.I did below steps:

1.The phone is completely turned off first, then press and hold the volume down button, then press the power button until the screen lights up.
2.On the screen is the android robot and a warning exclamation mark. At the same time, press the volume plus or minus button to display the operation interface. In the recovery interface, the volume up and down keys are controlled up and down, and the power button is confirmed.
3.In the Recovery interface, press the volume down key to select wipe data/factory reset, then press the power key to confirm, then select Yes-delete all user data, press the power key to confirm.
4.In the Recovery interface, press the volume down button to select the wipe cache partition, then press the power button to confirm, then select Yes-Wipe Cache, press the power button to confirm.
5.After you finish, return to the recovery main interface, then select reboot system now to restart the phone.

Helpful?
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Jul 22, 2018, 12:39:42 PM via Website

Nicole
The trick of placing your device in dry uncooked rice always works! If you leave it in the rice long enough ! (Like a entire day).
But instead of a bowl of rice , use a plastic bag that can be sealed.
I did this for a older model phone that I dropped in the lake. And it worked great!

Helpful?