Violating Google Play Terms of Service

• Replies:9
ShayaanKhan
  • Forum posts: 4

Jul 28, 2018, 11:55:45 AM via Website

If you've violated the Google Play Terms of Service in the past, is the license to use Google Play terminated immediately(from the legal point of view)? Or Google Play will terminate the license themselves if they think it's necessary.

Just to be clear, the Terms read that your rights under this license will immediately terminate (if you violate any of the Terms).

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Jul 29, 2018, 4:26:05 PM via Website

Yes , if you violated the terms pertaining to the use of Google play
They have the right to prohibit you from ever using Google play again!
And they are well within the law to do this!
Suggestion;
Contact Google play. Find out what you did to violate their terms .
Apologise for the violation, and hope they give you another chance!
Or...try accessing Google play in secret mode, but in secret mode you won't be able to purchase any new apps.
Or... purchase a new device, (that will give you a new device I'D number) get a new phone number, change your email address!
Do all of this and Google play won't know who your are. And they won't know you were terminated in the past!
However, if you try to purchase any new apps! Google needs to know who to charge the new app too!
And they will be able to identify you as being banned. And they will ban you again!
I don't know what you did to violate their terms but you might be looking at a irreversible situation here!

— modified on Jul 29, 2018, 5:24:32 PM

Helpful?
ShayaanKhan

Jul 29, 2018, 6:51:39 PM via Website

I've believe I have violated the age restriction in the past, but they haven't banned me and I think they don't even know about it. And I know they can ban me if they think I have violated their terms.

But my question is am I (officially) not allowed to use Google Play now because I have violated their terms in the past? Because their terms says something like "your rights under this license will immediately terminate (if you violate any of the Terms)".

I know you can find my question funny (or weird). But it is what it is.

And thanks for taking the time to answer!

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Jul 29, 2018, 7:13:01 PM via Website

Shayaakahn
I don't find any humor in your situation at all. Just trying to be helpful!
As far as your age violation,
Did you put your birth date in the personal information on your device? If so that's how Google found out!
And yes once you violated the terms Google could ban you for a short period of time or permanently!
And like I said before, your best course of action would be to contact Google play by phone. And talk to them. Find out exactly why you were banned and for how long.
Maybe there's a way to get the ban lifted. And if that dosen't work, you can still go on the internet to purchase any new apps.
Good luck
Lindsay

Helpful?
ShayaanKhan

Jul 30, 2018, 1:16:54 AM via Website

You're reading my question wrong! I am not banned by Google and they probably don't even know about this violation.

My question is - am I (officially) not allowed to use Google Play because I have violated their terms in the past? Because their terms says something like "your rights under this license will immediately terminate (if you violate any of the Terms)".

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Jul 30, 2018, 12:39:03 PM via Website

Shayaakahn
Again the answer is yes!
If you violate Google's terms they
can legally ban you for a short period of time or permanently!
It all depends on how serious the violation is!
All the website like Google play or any of the social websites have there rules (terms). If you violate them their is a penalty!
So just stick to the rules and you won't be banned.

— modified on Jul 30, 2018, 12:47:45 PM

Helpful?
Mark Gonzales
  • Forum posts: 22

Aug 1, 2018, 4:30:02 PM via Website

Yes you can get permanent banned if you repeat something that is really severe.

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Aug 1, 2018, 11:16:45 PM via Website

Mark
Your reply was sent to me instead of Shayaakahn.
When you reply to someone's post, remember to tap on the reply icon on there post not someone else's reply.
In addition: all you did is repeat what I said using different wording,

— modified on Aug 5, 2018, 12:45:28 PM

Helpful?
ShayaanKhan

Aug 4, 2018, 4:18:29 PM via Website

Sorry but both of you weren't able to answer my question.

Please read my last reply carefully!

Helpful?
Deactivated Account

Aug 4, 2018, 7:11:58 PM via Website

Shayaakahn
Your not reading our reply's carefully.
Again, if you violate the terms you can lose your access to Google play!
They will black list your device I D number and you will not be able to access it! And it dosen't matter when you violated the terms. Sometimes it takes Google a while to do it, but eventually they will.
That has been said to you more than once in this post!
So what did you do in the past that makes you so worried about being denied access?

— modified on Aug 4, 2018, 7:22:04 PM

Helpful?