How To Solve Mi Pc Suite Not Detecting Phone

• Replies:14
Alexandra Davidson
  • Forum posts: 35

Oct 15, 2018, 11:07:53 AM via Website

Mi PC Suite is the one and only phone manager application for Xiaomi devices. But most of the time users complain that Mi PC Suite does not detect their devices. In here you can find useful solutions for that matter

Line Up

• Mi PC Suite in brief
  • Highlights
  • Supported devices & System Requirments
  • Common errors and solutions

Mi PC Suite In Brief

Mi PC Suite is the phone manager for Xiaomi devices. This Windows-based application was designed by Xiaomi company to convince their user at Xiaomi device management. Mi PC Suite 3.0 is the second update of the tool and it was compatible with a large number of devices. But this version was released in Chinese language and non-Chinese users had to convert it into English. Therefore Xiaomi updated Mi PC Suite and launched it in English. But unfortunately, Mi PC Suite English version only support devices lower than Android Marshmallow.

Highlights

• Super fast Backup & Secure Restore
  • File Explorer function
  • Flash Fastboot ROM
  • Upgrade MIUI firmware
  • SMS tool to send text messages directly from PC
  • Screencast & Screenshot
  • Share PC Internet

Supported devices & System Requirments

Supported computer system: Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 Windows 8.1 and Windows 10

Supported device: Xiaomi 1/1S, Xiaomi 2/2S/2A, Xiaomi 3/4/4i/Note/Pad,Redmi 1/1S/Note/2
Original USB cable

Installation Guide

Installation guide is very simple and only requires three steps

• Download and install the Mi PC Suite English
  • Connect the device and wait until the device is recognized
  • Next, launch the application and pick the desired option

Common Errors and Solution

Xiaomi phone is not detected by the PC

1. Try installing the latest Mi PC suite version using the previous version of Mi PC Suite
  2. Try Enabling USB debugging on Xiaomi phone

How To enable USB debugging mode

1. Go to Settings> About Phone > tap MIUI Version seven times
  2. Again Go to settings
  3. Under System & Device, tap on "Additional Settings"
  4. Find "Developer Options"
  5. Enable Developer Options if not already activated
  6. Scroll and find "USB Debugging" and enable it

"Update your device before connecting" Error

When the Xiaomi device is connected to the computer Mi PC Suite says "Update your device before connecting" though there are no new updates. This error will be fixed in upcoming PC suite updates. Because developers are working on it

"The version of MIUI you’re using is too old" Error

Mi PC Suites indicates "The version of MIUI you’re using is too old".But no new updates are available. Try following solutions.

1. Enable USB debugging mode and connect the device
  2. Enable Unknown Sources
  3. Disconnecting and reconnecting the device
  4. Rebooting Mi phone or restart the Mi PC Suite
Burfitt Tools
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 12, 2020, 6:48:40 AM via Website

this is the issue i have :

"Update your device before connecting" Error

When the Xiaomi device is connected to the computer Mi PC Suite says "Update your device before connecting" though there are no new updates. This error will be fixed in upcoming PC suite updates. Because developers are working on it

I want to know when this will be fixed ? as i cannot back up my mobile device without this software

Helpful?
Indika
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 23, 2020, 12:35:05 PM via Website

This original post ""Update your device before connecting" Error" was posted on 15 Oct 2018, but unfortunately until today 23/02/2020, problem not yet solved.

My Xiomi Redmi note 8 is having technical fault and i downloaded Mi PC suite latest version available on the web, but still having connection issue not resolve for one and half years. Really disappointing .

Helpful?
Burfitt Tools
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 24, 2020, 6:55:05 AM via Website

how can we fix this issue with mi-pc suite or is there other software i can use i dont have a a backup ofr this phone can you please let me know. also, i want to know how i can join my phone to my laptop like i could with samsung note 5

Helpful?
tami
  • Forum posts: 8

Mar 21, 2020, 6:47:35 PM via Website

Here is the solution that how you can PC suite not detecting the phone. From the website Follow this article. No more failures now the issue is fixed completely.

Helpful?
Can Tokman

Apr 16, 2020, 11:41:55 AM via Website

Problem still persists, and the link to the article we should follow is not written in your post.
Thanks.

Helpful?
Shadebard
Adam_3d
  • Forum posts: 46

Apr 29, 2020, 11:36:45 AM via Website

Helpful article..

Helpful?
Shadebard

Jun 10, 2020, 2:46:03 PM via Website

I tried all the suggestions below:

Enable USB debugging mode and connect the device
Enable Unknown Sources
Disconnecting and reconnecting the device
Rebooting Mi phone or restart the Mi PC Suite

There are no solutions in this thread for Xiaomi PC Suite not detecting the phone. It continues to show the error "Update your device before connecting". I am using the latest available version of Xiaomi PC Suite 3.2.1.111.
Xiaomi's attitude to the problem is insincere

Helpful?
Raj

Jul 15, 2020, 5:01:18 AM via Website

HI, very disappointing to see MI Pc Suite of all versions are not detecting Redmi Note 8 Pro. Version 3 detects but all in Chinese.
Though the ph is a very good model, my purpose for buying the ph is failed.
Is there a solution?

Helpful?
Fahim Shahriar
Nomad

Nov 30, 2020, 5:18:15 PM via Website

It's now 2 years after this post and Xiaomi still haven't fixed the error. I've tried with Note 4, 4A, and S2 phones and it either doesn't recognise them or tells me to update them!

Helpful?
Mário MartinsFahim Shahriar
DF Cyber Station

May 24, 2021, 12:29:26 PM via Website

May 2021 still not resolved, updated to latest Mi Pc Suite version , also installed phone drivers seperately, even got ADB running , cant find device..... Xiaomi is a joke

Helpful?
Mário MartinsFahim Shahriar
Srushti

Aug 23, 2022, 4:09:20 PM via Website

2022 and still not working I guess

Helpful?
Mário Martins
- Ai Pit3 -

Feb 25, 2023, 6:50:59 PM via Website

my phone, xiaomi x3 pro suddently shut down and stuck at bootloop, many time, so i cant open the developer mode in phone, any other way to connect my phone with my pc ?

Helpful?
fitzgerald
  • Forum posts: 17

Mar 26, 2023, 10:07:39 PM via Website

Hi, thanks for the solution it helps me too.

Helpful?
Sehar

Mar 27, 2023, 8:19:48 AM via Website

Hello! my phone ( Redmi note 10 ) went into recovery mode and I cant seem to exit. I have tried 3 option till now
1) safe mode
2) reboot
3) connect with AIAssistant
Now I am only left with one option" wipe data"

I have installed mi pc suite latest version but my phone is not connecting there. Is there any way I can connect my phone with mi pc suite while it's in recovery mode or exit this mode without losing my data. The data is crucial and I don't have its back up.
let me know if there's a way to connect my phone with mi pc suite while its in recovery mode.

Helpful?