Wifi screencast phone to hdmi port without lag.

• Replies:0
knabbjolf
  • Forum posts: 4

Feb 13, 2019, 11:39:30 AM via Website

Dear fora.
As my phone now contains double computing power over my laptop it is time dumping the laptop. When hooking up my phone to my tv over chromecast for using it as desktop (together with leena app for example) there is a 200-500ms lag which makes it impossible to use with mouse and keyboard. I have enabled game mode, disabled/enabled 50hz update, clean wifi router, 2.4/5ghz etc but still inconsistent performance, sometimes less lag down to hardly noticable but often more lag than usable, it is just not realiably lag-free. I have tested with panasonic, samsung and sony tv-sets. The wired (displayport, hdmi, usb-c, mhl) screen mirror protocolls is in a completely different league than wifi screencast but then there is these cables.... Im starting to suspect it is impossible wireless transferring video lag-free with the "halfduplex" wifi protocoll if interacting with mouse/keyboard (not that I understand what a tv may transfer back, I thought of it as an uninterrupted stream from phone to tv).

Is there a way making the google chromecast persistent reliable without lag ?

Or, Is there any other wifi-hdmi dongle without lag ?

Any tips appreciated.

//K.Jolf.

— modified on Feb 13, 2019, 11:40:43 AM

Be the first to answer