What are your thoughts on alternative playstores?

• Replies:13
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 11

Nov 22, 2019, 10:52:20 AM via Website

There's plenty of alternative PlayStore in the market right now. APKPure, Aptoide, APKMonk...

What are your thoughts on them? Are they a threat to PlayStore? Should they be banned?

• Forum posts: 1,010

Nov 23, 2019, 6:43:11 AM via Website

They have their use. What is useless is to ban something. It will pop up again with a different name very quickly

Helpful?

Dec 5, 2019, 8:33:55 AM via Website

oh yes, this. It has come to a point where there is no real reason to ban certain apps.

Helpful?
  • Forum posts: 1,261

Dec 6, 2019, 11:16:35 AM via Website

I think they are a useful addition to Google Play Store because Google Play is unavailable on some Android devices for some reasons. In addition, sometimes some historical version of an app is actually necessary.

They should not be banned as long as their source of apk files is legitimate and they are operating legally.

— modified on Dec 6, 2019, 11:32:06 AM

Download size < 0.07 MB. But also Accurate, Ad-Free & Full-Free.
The minimalist app available on Google Play https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Your 5-star is appreciated. Blog : https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com

Helpful?
  • Forum posts: 14

Dec 6, 2019, 5:24:02 PM via Website

Banning them doesn't fix anything, having alternatives is always good and what people strive for. And I doubt the PlayStore has much to suffer either way.

Helpful?
  • Forum posts: 1,010

Dec 7, 2019, 5:07:09 AM via Website

I use a couple of old apps that are not anymore on Google and when I recently changed phone I found them on an alternative store.

Helpful?
  • Forum posts: 64

Dec 27, 2019, 4:02:45 AM via Website

I think what makes Android OS be the users' preference in comparison with other operating systems is because the open-source Android Os allows users to access third-party installations in some necessary cases. When it comes to download applications, the official Google Play store is definitely our first-choice, but for some personal reasons such as downloading geo-restricted or removed apps, alternative stores will be useful. As long as the third-party sites operate legally for a good purpose, banning those sites isn't necessary. Just need to be cautious of malicious files.

— modified on Apr 1, 2020, 12:52:27 PM

Helpful?

Dec 27, 2019, 5:46:51 AM via Website

Agreed with your statement. Gotta be careful when downloading apps through these sites. But thankfully there are a couple out there which is reputable and safe.

Helpful?
  • Forum posts: 29

Dec 28, 2019, 1:02:59 PM via Website

Play store is actually a central market where every apps are available so there is no alternative.

Helpful?

Jan 8, 2020, 11:49:47 AM via Website

hmm...
Currently, there's plenty of Play Store alternatives though.

Apkpure, apkmirror, apkmonk, MovaStore, etc...

— modified on Jan 8, 2020, 11:49:57 AM

Helpful?
  • Forum posts: 13

Jan 8, 2020, 2:29:37 PM via Website

there you can find earlier versions of the apps that you need, so that they have some benefit

Helpful?
  • Forum posts: 5

Jan 8, 2020, 6:08:05 PM via Website

Nice alternatives.

Helpful?
  • Forum posts: 19

Feb 3, 2020, 7:17:17 PM via Website

I have to agree that they are quite good alternatives but what is the point? We still have common used playstores and it can't be compared with any others. But if only other stores can provide new applications or games. I would readlly enjoy to see augmented reality open source android games in any alternative playstores. It would change everything

— modified on Feb 7, 2020, 10:55:27 AM

Helpful?
  • Forum posts: 15

Jun 2, 2020, 4:50:05 PM via Website

I think that Play store is actually a central market. Don't need more markets

Helpful?
Recommended articles