Attaching Dropbox for Android files not supported in latest WhatsApp version

• Replies:0
Gavin King-Smith
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 30, 2020, 11:41:21 AM via Website

See thread of conversation with WhatsApp Support below:

Message sent to WhatsApp Support 29 September 2020
“on latest version for android cannot attach a file from my Dropbox folder Dropbox no longer appears as a source in any of the options shown.
please advise how to attach Dropbox files”

request #97860834056678

support@support.whatsapp.com 29 Sep 2020, 15:15

- WhatsApp Support -

Hi,
Thanks for your message.
Unfortunately, this issue is out of the scope of support that WhatsApp can provide.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We'll be happy to help!
kunto

WhatsApp Support Team

Gavin King-Smith Tue, 29 Sep, 17:58
to WhatsApp
Please would you kindly tell me what would be in the scope of support.
The previous version of WhatsApp enabled access to Dropbox for Android file directories but my installation of the latest version no longer does.
Please advise whether this is an intentional change or if not where I might look to find a solution.

Thank you

support@support.whatsapp.com Tue, 29 Sep, 21:19
to me
##- WhatsApp Support -##
Hi,
Thanks for your message.
We understand this may have caused confusion, but this is actually an intended functionality of the application and its features.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We'll be happy to help!
Norah

WhatsApp Support Team

Gavin King-Smith Tue, 29 Sep, 22:04
to WhatsApp
Thanks for responding and explaining that the inability to attach files from Dropbox is an intended function.
Please can you explain why this feature, which was very useful in the previous version, has been removed from the Android app?
I find this surprising and not helpful for users as the function is still available on the Windows version.
Perhaps the feature could be restored to the Android app?
Regards

Gavin

support@support.whatsapp.com Wed, 30 Sep 01:44
to me
##- WhatsApp Support -##
Hi,
Thanks for your message.
Unfortunately, we can't provide any comments. Please visit our blog or Help Center to find out the latest information.
Mia
WhatsApp Support Team

Be the first to answer