Whatsapp iCloud Backup not up-to-date after Upgrade

• Replies:0
ledloctor
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 30, 2020, 11:45:46 AM via Website

Hello community,

I apologize in advance if this question has been asked already, at least I didn’t find anything that could help me. So, here I am!

I recently upgraded my phone to an iPhone 8 Plus after using the old iPhone SE (the one which looks like the 5s). I also performed a totally new and fresh backup on my old phone, so that I could have the newest messages transferred to the new phone.

After backing up, whatsapp showed the correct date and I could confirm that the backup is up-to-date.

Then, I installed whatsapp on my new device and signed in, however, for some reason I don’t understand, it keeps showing me a backup from June 2020 on the new phone.

I repeated the entire process multiple times, and it seems like for whatever reason, the newest backup doesn’t seem to make it over to the new phone? Even though it’s on iCloud, and whatsapp on the new phone keeps saying that the newest available backup is the one from June.

What exactly is going on and does anyone know how to fix this and get the latest backup over?

I greatly appreciate any help, thanks in advance!!

Be the first to answer