Recovering deleted photos on Gome K1

• Replies:5
Corina Covaci
  • Forum posts: 3

May 26, 2021, 11:19:24 AM via Website

Hi, everyone.

By mistake I deleted a lot of photos I had on my Android device.

I bought a new laptop and I decided to transfer on the laptop all the files I had on my phone. After transferring all the folders one by one on my laptop, I deleted them from my phone's internal memory, because that was just a temporary storage place.

I realized later in the day that not all the files I had on my phone were shown on my laptop - but it was too late. I had already deleted thousands of photos from my phone.

Is there any chance to recover all the files I deleted? I have a Gome K1 and I have no back up for photos.

Thank you in advance.

Corina

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

May 27, 2021, 4:46:52 AM via Website

Perhaps you have synced automatically & auto-uploaded all of your photos from the Android device to some cloud storage such as Google Photo or Microsoft OneDrive, etc.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Helpful?
Corina Covaci

May 28, 2021, 10:38:39 AM via Website

Hi, James. Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, I haven't synced nor auto-uploaded my photos to places like the ones you mentioned.
What if I root my phone? Is there any chance to recover them? I have to say that I took about 50 photos after losing these ones. Is this called overwriting?

Helpful?
Olivia331
  • Forum posts: 90

May 31, 2021, 4:23:54 AM via Website

To ensure you have the maximum chance of restoring all the photos. You should avoid saving any new data on the photos affected as more than likely it wll save directly over your deleted files corrupting the data you have erased.
MobiKin Doctor for Android (https://www.mobikin.com/doctor-for-android/). I have used most of their software, and the recovery software works really good. There is a free version that should work for you, it allows you to scan and preview the deleted photos.

Helpful?
Corina Covaci

Jun 3, 2021, 10:54:36 AM via Website

Hi, Olivia. Thank you for your answer. I tried to use Mobikin after you suggested it, but it doesn't work unless the phone is rooted. Unfortunately, it's quite difficult to root my phone, since the applications on the internet doesn't offer support for Gome K1, which is quite unknown.
Luckily, I checked the hard disk of an old laptop I have and I was able to recover some of the photos for free.

Thank you for kindly answering my question.

Helpful?
James Watson
xiamia
  • Forum posts: 98

Jun 7, 2021, 4:09:11 AM via Website

Sorry to hear that. If you have taken backup of the deleted photos, you can recover them from the backup files. If no, first make sure the deleted photos are not overwritten by new data. Cause if they were, it's impossible to recover them back. Then you can ask help from pro shop or android data recovery software. Usually, such software is not free, and you may also need to root your phone before using it. The good news is that it's usually free to scan out data on your Android phone before you decide to buy it or not. Hope this will be your help.

Helpful?