Can't download Apk File

• Replies:13
LorinOrent
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 15, 2022, 10:41:00 AM via Website

Hello people, first i'm sorry if i'm on the wrong forum. My problem is in the title, i can't download any .apk file, when i try to download one from chrome, it shows me an unknown error, when i try to download from firefox same thing, when i try to download an apk file on my computer and then transfer it into my phone in my file manager (on my phone) it says that the apk is 0 bytes, when i try to install it, my phone says "A problem occured while analysing the package". I don't understand why this is happening i mean i have no anti-virus, no task killer nothing, please help thanks.

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Feb 16, 2022, 1:48:28 AM via Website

1. First of all, make sure that you have enabled the options as below.

Settings - Advanced settings - Security,
    Download apps from unknown sources
    Install apps from unknown sources

2. Try downloading apk files from other sources like the well-known apkmirror or apkpure.

3. Check whether you have any security apps installed on your phone which blocked apk files downloading and transfering.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

Helpful?
Jane.M, MikaelaMoa and 2 more Jane.MMikaelaMoaDeactivated AccountDeactivated Account
faizanalikhan1234
  • Forum posts: 4

Feb 18, 2022, 10:56:06 AM via Website

It issue in your settings please select option in security box. And allow app installation from any source. It will work fine then.

Helpful?
Deactivated Account
NiaF
  • Forum posts: 6

Apr 6, 2022, 9:25:13 PM via Website

There are special applications for this, it is better to look in the search engine

Helpful?
Sinda Kat
  • Forum posts: 28

Feb 5, 2023, 8:46:22 PM via Website

James Watson is absolutely right!

Helpful?
James Stiller
  • Forum posts: 3

Mar 7, 2023, 12:56:27 PM via Website

I agree, i did it the same)

Helpful?
DamienVee
  • Forum posts: 9

Mar 17, 2023, 12:22:44 PM via Website

It sounds like you are having trouble downloading and installing APK files on your phone. Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

Check your device storage: Make sure that your device has enough storage space available to download and install the APK file. If your device's storage is full, you may encounter errors when trying to install an APK.

Enable app installations from unknown sources: By default, Android devices are set to only allow app installations from the Google Play Store. You may need to enable app installations from unknown sources to install APK files. To do this, go to your device's Settings, select "Security", and enable "Unknown sources".

Clear cache and data: Try clearing the cache and data of the browser you are using to download the APK file. This can help resolve any issues with the browser's cache or settings.

Try a different browser: If you are having trouble downloading the APK file with one browser, try using a different browser to see if the issue persists.

Check the APK file: Make sure that the APK file you are trying to install is not corrupted or damaged. You can try downloading the file from a different source to see if the issue is with the file itself.

Update your device: Make sure that your device is up to date with the latest software updates. This can help resolve any compatibility issues with the APK file.

If none of these solutions work, it may be worth contacting the developer of the APK file or seeking assistance from a technical support professional.

Helpful?
marrysmithse
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 9, 2024, 12:46:59 PM via Website

I also got issue while i was downloading tiktok apk that is download videos of tiktok without watermark, but same thing happened with me. You won't believe i also reset my mobile but issues not resolved.

Helpful?
Palomino
  • Forum posts: 12

Jan 19, 2024, 11:33:32 AM via Website

Thank you! Your tips are really helpful! I too had problems with downloading and installing APKs, in particular TikTok for uploading videos without a watermark. I tried a little bit of everything, even reset my phone, but nothing worked. I almost gave up, but your suggestions give me new hope! I'll try each of them one by one and hopefully find a solution. I am especially interested in the tip about clearing the browser cache and data. I don't think I've tried that yet. It's also worth checking the APK file on another phone and making sure it's really not corrupted. Thank you very much for your help!

Helpful?
MikaelaMoa
  • Forum posts: 5

Apr 9, 2024, 3:58:20 AM via Website

me too

Helpful?
fitzgerald
  • Forum posts: 17

Apr 19, 2024, 12:53:59 AM via Website

Hi, did you manage to resolve the problem ?

Helpful?
theleo1408
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 21, 2024, 5:36:05 AM via Website

If you're encountering difficulties downloading an APK file, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can attempt. Firstly, ensure you have a stable internet connection as interruptions or slow speeds can impede the download process. Clearing the cache and data of the browser or app you're using to download may also help resolve any temporary glitches. Additionally, trying an alternative browser or temporarily disabling download manager apps could potentially address the issue.

Checking your device's available storage space is also crucial, as insufficient space can prevent downloads. It's essential to download APK files from trusted sources to mitigate security risks. If you've exhausted these options and are still experiencing problems, a device restart might offer a solution by refreshing system processes. If none of these steps prove effective, providing more specific details about the issue could assist in further troubleshooting.

Helpful?
chakushinon123
  • Forum posts: 4

Apr 22, 2024, 12:11:54 PM via Website

When you download an .apk file, make sure it's not corrupted or incomplete by checking its file size. If it's consistently showing up as 0 bytes, there might be an issue with the download process.

Helpful?
Jane.M
  • Forum posts: 5

Apr 23, 2024, 9:35:38 PM via Website

Thanks for the tips

Helpful?