How to Delete someone else's WhatsApp messages for everyone?

• Replies:6
Tusharpalve
  • Forum posts: 9

Oct 1, 2023, 10:15:27 AM via Website

Hello There
I Recently Installed WhatsApp And Received message from a person and Now I dont want to read his message nor reply him
So Is There anyway to make the message he sent to me as Sent only and not delivered
OR
How do you Delete someone else's WhatsApp messages for everyone?

As both the 2 scenarios mentioned can solve my problem and if anyone knows any Solution to any scenario out of 2 mentioned
Please help me on this issue

Rubens Eishima
  • Admin
  • Staff
  • Forum posts: 125

Oct 2, 2023, 11:16:47 AM via Website

• no
  • no

Unless you personally delete them on the sender's device.

Helpful?
Journey Through Time
  • Forum posts: 28

Oct 2, 2023, 7:03:23 PM via Website

WhatsApp does not provide an option to make a received message appear as "Sent" but not "Delivered" without actually reading it. Additionally, you cannot delete someone else's WhatsApp messages for everyone unless you have certain administrative control over a group chat. WhatsApp's message deletion feature is designed to allow you to delete messages you've sent, but it won't work for messages sent by other users.

Here's what you can do:

Read Receipts: By default, WhatsApp sends read receipts to the sender when you've read their message (indicated by two blue checkmarks). If you don't want the sender to know that you've read their message, you can turn off read receipts in WhatsApp settings. Keep in mind that this will also prevent you from seeing when others have read your messages.

Ignore the Message: You can simply choose not to open the message and leave it unread. The sender won't receive any notification that you've read the message until you actually open it.

Mute Notifications: If you want to avoid being disturbed by notifications from this person, you can mute the chat. This will prevent new message notifications from appearing, but the messages will still be delivered.

Block the Contact: If you don't want to receive messages from this person at all, you can block them. This will prevent them from sending you messages or seeing your online status.

To mute a chat, you can do the following:

On Android: Open the chat, tap on the three dots in the top-right corner, select "More," and then choose "Mute." You can specify the duration for which you want to mute the chat.

On iPhone: Open the chat, tap on the contact's name at the top, scroll down to "Custom Notifications," and then enable the "Custom Notifications" toggle. From there, you can set the notification sound and vibration to "None."

To block a contact:

On Android: Open the chat, tap on the three dots in the top-right corner, select "More," and then choose "Block."

On iPhone: Open the chat, tap on the contact's name at the top, scroll down, and select "Block Contact."

Please note that while these actions can help you manage your interactions with the sender, they won't change the status of the message from "Delivered" to "Sent" or delete someone else's messages for everyone in WhatsApp.

Helpful?
Steven
  • Forum posts: 118

Oct 18, 2023, 12:26:50 PM via Website

I understand your concern, but it's important to note that WhatsApp doesn't allow users to delete someone else's messages for everyone. Once a message is sent, it can't be unsent or deleted from the recipient's end by someone else. Your best approach would be to ignore the message if you don't want to engage. Always be cautious about privacy and avoid sharing sensitive information online.

Helpful?
umarkhan
  • Forum posts: 3

Oct 18, 2023, 12:36:19 PM via Website

I think In WhatsApp, you cannot change the status of a received message from "delivered" to "sent" once it's received. Additionally, you can't delete someone else's messages for everyone, only they can do that on their end. However, you can mute the conversation to stop receiving notifications and effectively ignore the messages if you don't wish to engage in the conversation.

Helpful?
umarkhan
  • Forum posts: 3

Oct 19, 2023, 1:20:13 PM via Website

I think In WhatsApp, there isn't a way to mark a message as "sent" only without it being delivered, nor can you delete someone else's messages for everyone. Once a message is sent, it's generally delivered to the recipient, and you can't control its delivery status. If you wish to avoid reading or replying to a message, you can simply choose not to open it, and the sender won't be notified that you've read it unless you have read receipts enabled. However, there's no way to manipulate message statuses after they've been sent.

Helpful?
Mansi Rana
  • Forum posts: 7

Oct 20, 2023, 12:50:18 PM via Website

This is not possible.

Helpful?