Laptop connected to internet but clock icon showing and messages not sending

• Replies:5
HateTech
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 20, 2023, 5:05:04 PM via Website

For about a week now I have not been able to use WhatsApp on my laptop. It was working fine but all of a sudden I just started getting the clock icon next to any messages I try to send, and I'm not recieving any either. My internet connection is fine so it can't be that. And it's working fine on my phone. I've read in quite a few places that the best thing to do is just try logging out and back in, but I don't really want to do that because a) I'd rather know what's actually causing the issue, and b) logging out apparently deletes all your chats (on the device you log out on), and although I have all my chats on my phone, I'd rather ask online first than just log out without trying anything else.

Any suggestions?

SAIMA FIRDOUS
  • Forum posts: 3

Nov 21, 2023, 4:04:53 AM via Website

It's strange that you're seeing the clock icon next to your messages, indicating that they're not being sent or received. Since your internet connection is fine and WhatsApp is working fine on your phone, there might be an issue with the app or software on your laptop. And if its app bug than no problem to logout and log in.

Before logging out, you could try a few things. First, try restarting your laptop and see if that helps. If not, you could try updating WhatsApp on your laptop to the latest version. You could also try clearing the cache and cookies on your browser and see if that solves the issue.

If none of these steps work, you could try reaching out to WhatsApp support for further assistance. They might be able to provide more specific solutions or troubleshoot the issue.

Hope this helps!

HateTech

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Nov 21, 2023, 8:02:38 AM via Website

It is recommended to update your WhatsApp for Windows to the latest version from Microsoft Store. If this issue persists, check to see if your Windows Firewall or some other third-party antivirus software is blocking WhatsApp from sending messages.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

HateTech

Rohan Saadat
  • Forum posts: 4

Nov 21, 2023, 11:33:05 AM via Website

If you're experiencing issues with WhatsApp on your laptop, and you've confirmed that your internet connection is stable, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try before resorting to logging out:

Check WhatsApp Web Connection:

Make sure your phone is connected to the internet.
Open WhatsApp on your phone.
Go to the WhatsApp Web section in the app (usually found in the settings).
If you see your computer listed, try to log out from there.
Restart the WhatsApp Web Session:

On your computer, log out of WhatsApp Web (if you can).
Close the browser completely.
Open the browser and log back into WhatsApp Web.
Clear Browser Cache:

Sometimes, browser cache can cause issues. Clear the cache and try again.
Update Browser:

Ensure that your browser is updated to the latest version.
Check Browser Compatibility:

WhatsApp Web is officially supported on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge. Ensure you are using a supported browser.
Check WhatsApp Status:

Visit the WhatsApp Status page to see if there are any ongoing server issues.
Check Firewall/Antivirus Settings:

Some firewall or antivirus settings might interfere with WhatsApp Web. Check your security software settings and try temporarily disabling them to see if it resolves the issue.
Check Phone Battery Saving Mode:

Sometimes, power-saving modes on your phone may affect background processes. Ensure your phone is not in extreme power-saving mode.

I hope it helps, leme know if you need further assistance!

James WatsonHateTech

Ellie401
  • Forum posts: 10

Dec 8, 2023, 4:16:25 PM via Website

Try restarting your computer and clearing the browser cache. If the issue persists, check if there are updates for your browser or try using a different browser. If the problem continues, you may need to consider logging out and back into WhatsApp Web.

HateTech
  • Forum posts: 2

Dec 11, 2023, 4:08:14 PM via Website

This is a generic reply to all the responses I've had, as I don't know how to reply to the post as a whole. Sorry I'd not given a bit of an update, and I do appreciate all the responses I've had. I was going to try some of the suggestions given in this thread but I kept putting it off, and then I got busy with other things. The good news is though, I've been checking WhatsApp on my laptop every so often, and the other day, it was miraculously up and running again! I have no idea how it sorted itself out or what was wrong with it but at least it's working now. And at least I have some suggestions to try for a quicker solution if it starts playing up again.