In a time when the behavior of some technology giants causes long debates on user’s confidentiality and consumer rights, some users decide to jump out of the fire that social media and various apps have plunged them into. Instagram is a big player in this ongoing debate on privacy, but thankfully, you can delete your account, if you want. We’ll explain below how to do this.
Whatever your reasons for leaving Instagram, you can deactivate your account and leave it all behind you. We offer you two solutions for this: temporary deactivation and permanent deactivation. As the names might suggest, the first solution allows you to deactivate your account temporarily: none of your data will be deleted, information (photos, for example) will be hidden from other users until you reactivate your account. The second one, a more extreme solution, allows you to delete your account for good: everything that you have shared on your account will be deleted as well as your account/profile.
Both procedures can’t be carried out directly from the app, you have to do it through an internet browser on either your smartphone, tablet or PC.
Keep what's important and forget the rest
If you are an active Instagram user, you probably have material of sentimental value on your account (photos, videos, comments...) Before uninstalling the app, think about what you could lose and save any photos that you want to keep.
If, for any reason, you have deleted the application and want to reinstall it, click on the following link.Instagram
How do I (temporarily) disable my account?
- Go to Instagram’s website and sign in.
- Click on your profile at the top right of the screen, then click on “Edit Profile”
- Click on “Temporarily disable my account” at the bottom right of the screen.
- Explain why you want to leave the application
- Enter your password again, then click on “Temporarily disable my account”
How do I permanently delete my Instagram account?
- Go to Instagram’s "Delete your account” page.
- Log in using your ID and password (if you’re not already logged in)
- Choose your reason for deleting the account.
- Enter your password again, then click on “Permanently delete my account”
Have you already thought about deleting your Instagram account or your account for any other social network? Let us know if this worked for you in the comments below.