Credit card payments on android

• Replies:6
frazer pollock
  • Forum posts: 29

May 6, 2011, 3:08:33 PM via Website

I am self employed and am trying to find an app that will let me take credit card payments. I dont really like the square sotware but would ideally like something that allows me to type details into the phone then bill the customer on site. Does anybody have any ideas?

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

May 9, 2011, 10:09:38 AM via Website

I've been googling around for you and I found these two companies which might work...

http://www.1nbcard.com/content/android-credit-card-processing-application.html?$&sl=en'

http://www.paymentmax.com/

I'm sure there are also more out there. May I ask, what is it about the Square software that you don't like?

-s

Bob Briggs

frazer pollock

May 9, 2011, 3:17:17 PM via Website

cheers fort he reply good sir. I am not too sure i could go with wither of those as i suspect i am in the wrong country :)
tbh i just didnt like the idea of a swipe for the cards. Not too sure i trust it.

Bob Briggs
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 19, 2011, 5:38:03 PM via Website

Hey guys I normally use this called SwitchPay on my android to accept payments and also manage my terminals.

I haven't had any problems yet and they have really good customer service.

— modified on Oct 14, 2013, 7:46:22 AM

frazer pollock

Jul 19, 2011, 6:29:47 PM via Website

maybe i should point out i am in the UK

peter jhon
  • Forum posts: 2

May 10, 2012, 11:53:27 AM via Website

Square is the cool way to take credit card payments for your android phone. Download Square app plug in the dongle into your 3.5mm headphone jack on your android phone. Swipe the card and get paid. It easily accepts mobile credit card payments from your phone. Fantastic for those who does business away from office.

peter jhon
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 1, 2012, 3:29:35 PM via Website

There are many free apps available for mobile payment processing based on android phones. You can use Flint’s, Google Wallet.