advent vega on google market

• Replies:6
stuart waldon
  • Forum posts: 9

Jun 10, 2011, 12:31:32 AM via Website

Can anyone tell me if its possible for me to do something to my vega to allow me to use the google market.

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Jun 10, 2011, 10:25:37 AM via Website

Try copying and pasting this link in your tablet's browser: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4ZZWSZKU

Download the file. Then go to to settings, software update, and select the first option which is "software update." From there, select the download folder, which should be the last folder. Then select the first file which says "Market Update 01.zip" Then you should have Android Market installed on your computer.

Give it a try and let us know how it goes..

— modified on Jun 10, 2011, 10:26:11 AM

stuart waldon

Jun 10, 2011, 12:20:36 PM via Website

Hi steven

Thanks for your advice. Not sure still what you mean as first you said copy and paste then you said dowload. Sorry for being stupid

Steven Blum

Jun 10, 2011, 12:36:48 PM via Website

No problem. All you have to do is copy and paste the link in your browser and you will be directed to a site where you can download the file, after waiting a few seconds. Don't click the button that says "premium download" unless you want to pay for it. Otherwise, just wait for about 30 seconds till the standard download button appears and try downloading it to your device. From there, follow the directions I gave before. :grin:

stuart waldon

Jun 10, 2011, 12:58:28 PM via Website

Ok i downloaded the file. I followed you instructions and my screen went black. Then a picture of a white box come on the screen with a yellow arrow coming out of it with a android man at the end of the arrow. I left it for a bit but nothing happend so i had to reboot my tablet and nothing has changed. Any ideas

Steven Blum

Jun 10, 2011, 2:14:49 PM via Website

I'm sorry that didn't work. I've been doing some research for you and honestly the only way to install Android Market is a bit complex and might even cost a bit. I found a link to a custom ROM which might work and has the approval of Engadget so it's hopefully a more trustworthy bit of software but it seems to be locked behind a paywall.
http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-vega-vega-modaco-com/324099/modaco-custom-r6-discussion-archive/
There are also ways to download apps to the device from Android Market without actually having Android Market. Are you perhaps interested in this second option? If so, I can look around some more..

stuart waldon

Jun 10, 2011, 3:06:30 PM via Website

Many thanks for your help. To be honest I'm not to clever on things like this so which ever you think is the easiest way forward for a novice. I do want to use android market as there are apps on there that I would like to have on my tablet. Many thanks again.