What's the best video chat app for Android?

• Replies:4
Angela Brewer
  • Forum posts: 10

Jun 15, 2011, 3:56:09 PM via Website

Some people say Tango, others qik. What about Fring? Yahoo? I'm confused about what the differences are between these different apps. Do some work better with certain kinds of phones rather than other phones? What is their video quality? I'm looking for an app that won't have such a significant lag time. I must admit I'm pretty addicted to Skype and I'm so surprised they haven't developed a video chat function yet, since Skype would be a logical choice for me, and many others as well I'm sure.

Fabien Röhlinger
  • Admin
  • Staff
  • Forum posts: 3,855

Jun 16, 2011, 12:33:02 AM via Website

I really love qik for live videos.

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Jun 16, 2011, 10:16:33 AM via Website

Fring is a complete IM client that supports every IM service you can think of. More importantly, it supports video chat using Skype, gChat and more. Although Fring is a lackluster IM client, it is great for placing video calls.

Roni Alboiim
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 5, 2012, 1:21:27 PM via Website

I would give ooVoo a chance, U can have group video calls with up to 12 people, HD quality free webcam chat, Record and send video messages, Record and upload calls to YouTube, Send instant messages to your contacts on ooVoo and Facebook and Set up a web chat room for free.

Juliet Bell
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 26, 2020, 6:39:13 AM via Website

I would recommend using on premise R-HUB HD video conferencing servers app. It is easy to use and allows 30 people to connect via a video conference.