Travel with ASUS Transformer 101-need help

• Replies:5
Taylor Momsen
  • Forum posts: 4

Jun 21, 2011, 8:39:15 AM via Website

I'm on a flight to the UK soon and want to get some of my movies (mainly blu-ray movies) on ASUS Eee Pad Transformer for the flight. Tried some Blu-ray rippers but all creates HUGE files- 10GB+ for one movie. Would some one please advise a ripper for Eee Pad Transformer 101? I would be pleased if I can compress a Blu-ray to 1.5-3GB and still keep 720p HD quality. Any suggestions?:blink:

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Jun 21, 2011, 10:33:04 AM via Website

Pavtube Blue-Ray Ripper offers a DVD to Asus Eee Pad Transformer Ripper that is free on a trial basis. I'm not sure how big the file is that it creates, but it's worth checking out here. And here's one other client that might work, called the DTS to AC3 Converter.

Let us know how it goes!

Willa Holland

Jun 22, 2011, 3:27:27 AM via Website

It’s not the ripper, but the preset format that affects file size. Best format settings per my experience:
Video
Codec- H.264
Resolution- 1280x720/1280x800 (HD)
Bitrate- 1500kbps
Framerate- 30fps

Audio
Codec- AAC
Sampling rate- 44.1khz
Bitrate- 160kbps
Channel- stereo

With the above settings a Blu-ray movie can be compressed to 1.5-2.5GB depends on the movie length. As to Blu-ray ripper, I also recommend Pavtube mainly because it allows you set format settings to get desired file size and quality. And other Blu-ray rippers let you rip Blu-ray only but this one rips both Blu-ray and DVD. If you have CUDA compliant graphics card installed, the ripping speed could be fairly fast.

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Jun 22, 2011, 11:03:29 AM via Website

Ah, okay. Thanks for posting a better answer than I was able to give! :P

Taylor Momsen

Jun 23, 2011, 2:17:31 AM via Website

Willa Holland
It’s not the ripper, but the preset format that affects file size. Best format settings per my experience:
Video
Codec- H.264
Resolution- 1280x720/1280x800 (HD)
Bitrate- 1500kbps
Framerate- 30fps

Audio
Codec- AAC
Sampling rate- 44.1khz
Bitrate- 160kbps
Channel- stereo

With the above settings a Blu-ray movie can be compressed to 1.5-2.5GB depends on the movie length. As to Blu-ray ripper, I also recommend Pavtube mainly because it allows you set format settings to get desired file size and quality. And other Blu-ray rippers let you rip Blu-ray only but this one rips both Blu-ray and DVD. If you have CUDA compliant graphics card installed, the ripping speed could be fairly fast.

Thanks so much for your help. I’ll try pavtube later and see how it works.

Taylor Momsen

Jun 23, 2011, 3:05:29 AM via Website

It took me a while to find the settings but all turned out fine. The Blu-ray Avatar results in a .mp4 file of 1.8GB, and plays stunning pictures on Eee Pad.Thanks again for your settings and recommend. Very helpful.