Samsung Galaxy S2 — Transferring Music from iTunes

• Replies:4
Alex Evseev
  • Forum posts: 24

Jun 21, 2011, 12:26:26 PM via Website

For some reason my Kies imports music from iTunes but won't import artist names or titles, which is extremely annoying. Does anyone know how to import the tracks with the Artist and Album names?

— modified on Jun 21, 2011, 12:27:39 PM by moderator

Justin
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 21, 2011, 7:06:24 PM via Website

Hello,

As of today (6/21/2011) iSyncr has the same issue as Kies. This problem should go away with the next version of iSyncr. Please email info@jrtstudio.com if you would like to test it before it comes out.

Cheers!

Justin

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Sep 16, 2011, 11:46:52 AM via Website

Found this on another website. Hope it helps.

Using ipod Agent
1. First install either ipod Agent on PC, this will run a small server program to listen for the Android device.
2. Connect mobile to pc via usb and create a folder called Music on sd card or phone storage, using usb storage method in wireless connections, not using Kies default.
3. Right-click on iTunes Agent icon in system tray and choose preferemces.
4. Leave the settings at defaults and click new.
5. Enter the device name, Galaxy S2
6. Leave Synchronize pattern: set to iTunes
7. Click the Choose button and select the Music folder you created on the Galaxy S
8. Click the Create button and select the Music folder you created on the Galaxy S
9. Click Save and then Close
10. Launch iTunes and you will see a playlist folder called My Devices, under which you will see the Galaxy S
11. Simply drag the music you wish to synchronize from your iTunes library to your Galaxy S into this playlist
12. Finally, right-click on the iTunes Agent icon in the system tray and select Synchronize devices to sync Music to your phone.
To enable usb storage mode access only when connecting to the PC - go to Settings, Wireless and Network - USB Utilities, you have to press button again once connected to allow access.

One of the other editors uses this app and swears by it

— modified on Sep 16, 2011, 11:48:53 AM

Roderick Barnes
  • Forum posts: 4

Oct 13, 2011, 4:03:44 AM via Website

Post Example 3
I am a fellow droid user with a considerable investment in iTunes. I cannot see the wisdom of just walking away from my iTunes library or buying all of the music again. I blogged about a solution that has worked well for me.

http://roderickbarnes.com/blog/?p=530

I hope this helps.

In His grip by His grace,
Roderick L. Barnes, Sr.