It It All Going to End?

• Replies:10
Kenneth Hopkins
  • Forum posts: 11

Jul 10, 2011, 4:05:42 AM via App

I want you guys to debate the end of the world! Explain to each other why you think yes or no. Have fun! Personally, I think yes, in 2012. I would like to have someone prove me wrong, but to do that you have to have links to facts that will convince me that it will not end. So let's see what happens, shall we?

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Jul 10, 2011, 4:27:28 PM via Website

:) My roommates are all conspiracy theorists about this, too.

I think we'll be fine. I'm really concerned about global warming (as most people are, I think) but I don't believe everything will come crashing down in 2012.

Kenneth Hopkins

Jul 10, 2011, 6:19:01 PM via App

Ya, Global Warming is a issue now, but soon it will be a main priority for everyone. :-) Hope more people will post their thoughts!

Mike W
  • Forum posts: 5

Aug 17, 2011, 2:51:20 PM via Website

The world isn't going to end man. The whole hype based around the 2012 nonsense started when there was a correlation between the end of one Mayan calendar and the aprox. legenth of a passage in the great pyramid at Giza. The last was due to a mathematical coincidence and the former to cultural misunderstanding. The Mayan's viewed human history as a series of ages or in their language "worlds". Each has a certain number of years associated with it and in the case of 2012, it was simply the point when once calender stopped and a new cycle started. That doesn't mean the world is going to end. Just that a new calender system was about to take over. This has happened 3 times in the past according to the Mayan counting system and the world didn't end. Also if you look at the European context, there was a huge switch between the Julian and Gregorian calendar and were still around....

Mike Whitehouse
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 12, 2011, 9:52:26 PM via App

I reckon that the world IS going to end because the last poster was using my name and it wasn't me.. therefore he had something to hide. Mike W.

Fabien Röhlinger
  • Admin
  • Staff
  • Forum posts: 3,855

Sep 12, 2011, 10:21:02 PM via Website

LOL

The world will end because next year we will have the 21st of December 2012. And as we all know - all life will end and there'll be no escape.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Sep 14, 2011, 1:27:20 AM via App

Can't end yet... Apple need to bring out at least another 3 i-phones...

Sinkster

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Sep 15, 2011, 4:50:18 PM via Website

So is it going to be the iPhone 5 which rides the pale horse?

Kenneth Hopkins

Oct 1, 2011, 7:20:47 PM via App

i wish

Kir Lee
  • Forum posts: 9

Oct 22, 2012, 5:18:27 AM via Website

Steven Blum
:) My roommates are all conspiracy theorists about this, too.

I think we'll be fine. I'm really concerned about global warming (as most people are, I think) but I don't believe everything will come crashing down in 2012.

I agree. I think we will be fine too. Main concern is global warming.

Patrick R.
  • Forum posts: 66

Oct 22, 2012, 7:34:49 AM via App

It is all gonna end some time but I doubt it'll be 2012. We survived nostradamus why not the mayans? Although I love watching good documentaries on conspiracy theories. Post links to any you stumble across please.