Samsung Nexus Prime vs. Galaxy S2

• Replies:13
Sam Buchbinder
  • Forum posts: 71

Sep 8, 2011, 4:59:18 PM via Website

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons between the two devices? As yet, I think the benefits to buying the Galaxy S2 is that

1. It is an established, well-reviewed phone with excellent processor speeds
  2. It's slim and boasts a great screen
  3. It comes with valuable firmware by Samsung

The benefits of the Nexus Prime, meanwhile, seem to be:

1. A slightly larger 4.5 inch screen
  2. Android Ice Cream Sandwich, whatever that ends up looking like

— modified on Sep 21, 2011, 4:10:19 PM by moderator

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Sep 8, 2011, 6:08:03 PM via Website

Well for one thing you can buy the S2 already....

I kid.... but seriously, we don't know yet. The leaked user agent profile from awhile back was actually for the nexus S and not the Nexus Prime. Not a lot is know about the device and it could get a name change before the supposed october release date. If you're really intrested I'd recomend holding back until an offical announcement is made. Until then its kind of like the one-eyed man leading the blind.

— modified on Sep 21, 2011, 4:11:54 PM

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Dec 14, 2011, 6:16:12 PM via App

The sgs2 is technically the best phone out there. Was tempted myself but got my Arc instead, don't really need my mobile to be so powerful, or ugly...

Sinkster

Jim Walker
  • Forum posts: 34

Dec 14, 2011, 8:08:56 PM via App

They say
'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder',
but I can't see anything ugly in the Sgs2.
It's the best phone I've ever had.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Dec 14, 2011, 8:36:03 PM via Website

It's an amazing phone, can't deny it, but I preferred the look and size of the Arc and, while I probably would still consider the s2(had one on pre-order) the performance benefit's aren't huge for what I use my phone for. I'm not really big on gaming, most of the stuff I do on my phone is either work orientated or basically messing about and tweaking the o/s

Sinkster

Rich Elkind
  • Forum posts: 2

Dec 26, 2011, 12:18:48 AM via Website

Great point, and very true. beauty is in the eye of the beholder. A friend of mine was showing me his phone, he just got it. and said to me "the only thing more beautiful then a brick, is a prettier brick" I think this sums up the beauty of phones, really, there is not much that you can do for them, However the ability to shape displays now is a start!

I believe every person has different requirements, so our phone is based on our individual needs, this comparison does a great job in explaining and looking at the differences between the Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE and the New Galaxy Nexus Prime in the most important areas.

we are going from just making phone calls, and sending text and emails to full communication and multimedia devices, the next few years will be really incredible.

— modified on Dec 26, 2011, 12:21:51 AM

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Dec 26, 2011, 12:23:04 AM via Website

The Galaxy Nexus is a Google Experience phone. Meaning that it has stock android 4.0, and not all the bloatware from the carriers.

preetygirl sunona
  • Forum posts: 11

Jan 23, 2012, 6:44:59 AM via Website

Samsung Galaxy S II

1- Very Poor UI and confusing menus.
2- no dedicated camera button.
3- Poor battery and processor compared to price.
4- hangs a lot
5- cheap plastic body.

Nexus Prime
1- a big burden over users expectations.
2- Even more cheap quality body and camera looks like a hole dug on the body.
3- worst model till date

Christopher Silva
  • Forum posts: 189

Jan 23, 2012, 12:52:51 PM via Website

preetygirl sunona
Samsung Galaxy S II

1- Very Poor UI and confusing menus.
2- no dedicated camera button.
3- Poor battery and processor compared to price.
4- hangs a lot
5- cheap plastic body.

Nexus Prime
1- a big burden over users expectations.
2- Even more cheap quality body and camera looks like a hole dug on the body.
3- worst model till date

You have to be kidding !
Your description of the Galaxy S2 and Prime are jaded and just plain old wrong.

I hope you are joking and not simply posting negative to cause an effect in our Forum.

preetygirl sunona
  • Forum posts: 11

Feb 16, 2012, 8:21:34 AM via Website

Samsung releases 10 new handsets every month. All the phones of samsung are look ailke, just the screen size differs in terms of hardware and in terms of the operating system the version of android is like 2.0, 2.1, 2.2 and so on.
androids are not smartphone operating systems, Android technology are just a open source that every second company uses for free like samsung, HTC, LG, Motorola and bla bla bla.
samsung phone are just carried away for their browser and nothing else but every new phone today have a much smarter browser than the androids like the LUMIA.
In Lumia you can download any browser and work with it, anyways IE is already inbuilt in lumia.
So move from the cheap samsung to a next generation phone that is LUMIA.

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Feb 16, 2012, 11:00:19 AM via Website

You really do like to go on about the LUMIA don't you? What do you mean Samsung is carried away by their browser? They do have a stock Android browser but you can download just about any browser you like for Samsung phones which is one of the great advantages of the Android ecosystem.

And it does kinda sound like you are confusing Samsung with HTC... Samsung generally doesn't release as many handsets as some of the other Asian smartphone producers and typically bets on quality products instead of spaming the market....

warner bob
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 2, 2012, 1:28:05 PM via Website

I am not able to connect my phone using PC suite on my laptop.
On my laptop i use Window vista 64-bit. At the time of installation an error message showing compatibility issue displayed.
Could any one tell me here what should i do for better computer support with my laptop and Phone.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Apr 2, 2012, 3:32:08 PM via Website

warner bob
I am not able to connect my phone using PC suite on my laptop.
On my laptop i use Window vista 64-bit. At the time of installation an error message showing compatibility issue displayed.
Could any one tell me here what should i do for better computer support with my laptop and Phone.

Totally the wrong section for this type of post. I can try to help if you tell me which phone you have and the exact error message. Please PM your question to me, so that we can keep this thread on topic.