why does the Andriod market?

• Replies:3
Lonnie Soverns
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 8, 2012, 5:28:55 PM via Website

why does the Android market? "Say that I don't have a compatible device!". I have a MID Tablet With Android 2.3 Gingerbread Telechip EM73_AK_HY30_V2. The Android show it list but still not compatible?

Thanks
Lonnie

jessica bach
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 9, 2012, 7:04:42 AM via Website

Its because android apps are cool.

Weezy Rider
  • Forum posts: 11

Jan 16, 2012, 10:54:35 PM via Website

What Market are you using? I've caught that in the US market. Google didn't approve the device. You must have tweaked to get it.

I have a Coby 7024 that I did tweak to get Market. Same answer as you, but US market also insisted that the tablet was a carrier device, in this case, TMobile. The tablet is wifi only so I found it funny and then annoying.

You can transfer apps via a phone using a good file manager, then sideload the app. I've done it via rooted, unlocked phone. I think phone needs root for most of this to work.

I belong to an astronomy site which has a couple of developers. They will give you the link to the beta, saying which devices they tested on and permissions. You load the apk file, app runs fine. Try to get the final version from Market - not suitable for your device. So some of Market's claims can be wrong.

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Jan 17, 2012, 10:46:54 AM via Website

You can also give the AndroidPIT App Center a try! It's compatable with many devices that aren't supported by the Android Market.