HTC Sensation — Problem dialing from saved contact phone numbers

• Replies:6
Didi
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 15, 2012, 10:58:25 AM via Website

Hi, I am experiencing a problem when trying to dial a mobile number of one of my contacts. It redirects me automatically to Skype, but I want it to be done using my mobile network instead! I tried make a "Default action for widget" - 'Call mobile number', but still it has no effect. Only contacts which are in the favorites widget are being dialed as required but ONLY when dialed from the widget, not the address book. Who has a solution?

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Feb 15, 2012, 1:19:44 PM via Website

That is so annoying! Have you tried uninstalling skype? How about checking out the Skype app and making sure it isn't your default dialer?

— modified on Feb 15, 2012, 1:19:51 PM

Christopher Silva
  • Forum posts: 189

Feb 15, 2012, 2:08:40 PM via Website

At sometime you installed Skype and went to the contact and went to dial the contact and the device asked you to use Skype or Dialer. You probably accidently hit Skype. Then it is saved as your default dialer for this contact.

You can simply go into Settings- Apps - and Skype and down at the bottom click on clear cache and clear defaults...

This will resolve your problems. In the future, when you install skype it will ask you if you want to use it a default dialer and then you need to be careful and click dialer not the skype icon.

Have fun

Didi

Didi
  • Forum posts: 2

Feb 15, 2012, 2:26:47 PM via Website

Thanks, reinstalling did really help. After that a dialog box would appear asking which application to use ... :lol:

Christopher Silva

Feb 15, 2012, 2:30:21 PM via Website

yes, that it the hard solution. Next time just clear defaults and your back to a fresh install.

Glad to hear that it worked out though. SKype works great and I use it a lot because I live overseas...(A Cheap-skate)

— modified on Feb 15, 2012, 2:31:12 PM

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 15, 2012, 3:13:19 PM via Website

Christopher Silva
yes, that it the hard solution. Next time just clear defaults and your back to a fresh install.

Glad to hear that it worked out though. SKype works great and I use it a lot because I live overseas...(A Cheap-skate)

Chris is on fire today! Nicely done man :-)

Christopher Silva

Feb 20, 2012, 9:40:40 AM via Website

Thanks Eric.... Nice of you to notice .. :*)