samsung s2update

• Replies:8
ardit bardhi
  • Forum posts: 18

Feb 27, 2012, 3:29:53 PM via Website

Hi people.i what to know i can i updatr my samsung s2 from2.3.3to 2.3.6 i havent no update on phone since i bought it please answer

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Feb 28, 2012, 11:07:24 AM via Website

Where are you basied and do you know if you're cell company is already offering the update? If they are (it has to go through them first) then you should be able to run the update by going to settings>about phone > software update. If there is an OTA update for you you should find it there.

If there isn't one then I think rooting the phone is your only option. We have a guide on how to do it here What is Rooting? - AndroidPIT Modder's Guide Episode One Hope that helps!

ardit bardhi

Feb 28, 2012, 11:41:03 PM via Website

But i havent the progeam to root and why its not in that way to the phone at update software???maybe it is that my phone is for a contry not
important and the update are late?and for ics 4.0.3 with root is upgrade or on phone?

ardit bardhi

Feb 29, 2012, 1:28:47 PM via Website

When will come official ics 4.03??

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 29, 2012, 2:18:48 PM via Website

I think its supposed to hit the galaxy S2 in the next 7 weeks, but that will depend on where you live.

ardit bardhi

Feb 29, 2012, 4:51:12 PM via Website

Byt which is the best antivirus for s2

Aaron Tilton
  • Forum posts: 838

Mar 1, 2012, 10:24:51 AM via Website

There are lots of them out there. Check out our reviews of the most popular antivirus apps for Android:
Lookout Security & Antivirus – Better Safe Than Sorry
Anti-Virus Pro – A Security Suite, And Then Some
But there is also a lot of debate as to the effectiveness of Anti-virus apps for Android:
Study: Most Free Anti-Virus Apps for Android Don't Actually Work
Android Security: Why Anti-Virus Companies Shouldn't Be Trusted

Just FYI. I personally don't use them as I haven't seen the need to yet. But if you're worried about viruses on your Android then you might want to check them out.