Google Galaxy Nexus — Galaxy Nexus Won't Charge

• Replies:55
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 2, 2013 5:41:03 PM via Website

thanks alot>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> thank uuuuuuuu very very much .. u saved my voilet... :)

Jul 4, 2013 7:58:43 PM via Website

Brilliant! Thanks so much.

Jul 5, 2013 11:58:46 AM via Website

Marchino, ppl like you make these forums insanely helpful. Another registration just to thank you!

Jul 7, 2013 6:39:18 PM via Website

Thanks as well!! You are saving a lot of ppl's cell phones lol

Jul 10, 2013 11:36:19 PM via Website

What are you using to lever up the tab ?

Jul 11, 2013 11:58:50 AM via Website

Another thanks to marchino.. save my day... and my phone!! :)

Jul 13, 2013 11:52:07 PM via Website

OMG thank you so much!!!! I join specifically to thank you. This really worked for me. Now i need to work out if theres a problem with the antenna :s

Jul 17, 2013 10:13:25 AM via Website

Marchino - Hero!

I have just one addition. I expected, that I only had to pry it a little bit. But after my second attempt, and really getting in there, I succeded. I actually rased both my arms in victory like a Tour de France stage winner. <3

-- Update --

After doing this, I've experienced, that I might have to do it again, after som time.

— modified on Jul 17, 2013 10:21:37 AM

Jul 17, 2013 5:55:52 PM via Website

Another "regged just to thank marchino" post here.

Thanks! Lifesaver!

Jul 23, 2013 5:16:53 PM via Website

I had this problem yesterday, and thought I was going to have to spend hundreds of dollars on a new phone today. Fortunately, I had a couple spare batteries to use in the mean time. I decided to look online to see if other people were having problems, and I came across this. Thank you Marchino! You solved my problem, and saved me tons of money! :grin:

Aug 5, 2013 4:31:40 AM via Website

I had the same problem. I found the fix online - took 1 minute. The USB port and plug were not making good contact. I could run the phone on power from the charger, but it would not actually charge.

Look inside the USB port and you will see a "tab" there. Lever this up gently (after removing the battery) towards the centre of the port.

That fixed it for me. BTW. my phone is less than nine months old!

I find some of the newer plugs and sockets are just not engineered well - I've had the same problem with HDMI on my TV.
this worked for me thanks :)
  • Forum posts: 13

Aug 8, 2013 4:06:00 PM via Website

Thank you, your method really helped me!

Aug 10, 2013 2:07:53 AM via Website

Marchino, sir, you are absolutely a life saver!!! Thank you so much. I know that it was a really easy fix, but my brain just doesn't think of things like that and I just panic. Anyways, I did exactly what you said to do, and BAM.. I have a running working nexus again! Thank you and God Bless you! :)

Aug 15, 2013 1:59:55 AM via Website

is the USB port the little box the wire or in the phone? please help me mine just stopped charging and i just got it

Aug 23, 2013 12:34:28 AM via Website

March ! you are the best !

Aug 26, 2013 4:18:16 PM via Website

I literally just slowly adjusted the tab in my micro USB port and it worked. The phone charged while powered on but as soon as I unplugged it the charging symbol no longer appears again. Can SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME I TRIED IT ONCE NOW IT DOESN'T CHARGE AGAIN WHAT SHOULD I DO. Readjust it? Is it possible that I adjusted it to far?

Oct 13, 2013 7:41:28 AM via Website

Yes yes yes !! :-) thank you marchino good call my friend

Oct 27, 2013 7:59:33 AM via Website

Thanks a Lot Marchino! you helped me save my phone! i registered to thank you!

Nov 24, 2013 12:25:22 AM via Website

Thank you dude. You saved me :)
and i also registered just to thank you :)