Hard Reset your Samsung Galaxy Note 2

• Replies:147
  • OpenStickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 6

Oct 21, 2014 11:15:18 PM via Website

Hi Kris,

I just performed a fabric reset by the menu option on my Note 2, this phone has a little history, it is a mexican phone that was manipulated to be unlocked, not sure on how got unlocked, but since unlock network use was terrible, it only worked on H or E newtworks, when we arrived to US, I bought a T-mobile sim card and it worked, but still network use was horrible, so I decided to try to remove whatever was made on the phone while unlocking it and fabric reset it. Now after doing it, I'm facing a problem, phone is not restarting, it stays in the samsung screen and doesn't complete restart process, I have already removed battery and restarted again, but same thing happen, can you please help me? what can I do to get it working?

— modified on Oct 21, 2014 11:16:19 PM

• Forum posts: 678

Oct 22, 2014 3:33:35 AM via Website

Joaquin Martinez

Hi Kris,

I just performed a fabric reset by the menu option on my Note 2, this phone has a little history, it is a mexican phone that was manipulated to be unlocked, not sure on how got unlocked, but since unlock network use was terrible, it only worked on H or E newtworks, when we arrived to US, I bought a T-mobile sim card and it worked, but still network use was horrible, so I decided to try to remove whatever was made on the phone while unlocking it and fabric reset it. Now after doing it, I'm facing a problem, phone is not restarting, it stays in the samsung screen and doesn't complete restart process, I have already removed battery and restarted again, but same thing happen, can you please help me? what can I do to get it working?

This look a buggy software, Re-flash your phone with ODIn.

Ready To Help You.

• Forum posts: 1

Nov 16, 2014 8:58:11 PM via Website

how do i find out which 1 of the not 2 do i have

Mar 7, 2015 6:42:57 PM via Website

hi

i have note 2 but i install softwere of note 4 but my SIM card doesn't recognized

can i restore my note 2 softwere againe or my phone will die :(

Mar 20, 2015 7:53:19 PM via Website

Hi Carlon, while i am using my mobile, suddenty it got switched off. When i try to restart it again, its not getting into the home screen, first the model number is getting displayed and after that Samsung logo.. thats it after that no response. I tried to do the hard factory reset with the above instructions, as you have mentioned its not going to android recovery screen instead it displays the screen which show the phone model.

Please help me on this!! Thanks in Advance..

Mar 21, 2015 3:07:06 AM via Website

Jeganathan L A

Hi Carlon, while i am using my mobile, suddenty it got switched off. When i try to restart it again, its not getting into the home screen, first the model number is getting displayed and after that Samsung logo.. thats it after that no response. I tried to do the hard factory reset with the above instructions, as you have mentioned its not going to android recovery screen instead it displays the screen which show the phone model.

Please help me on this!! Thanks in Advance..

Remvoe the battery for 10 min and put it back then try again
Try safe mode ..

if you can't enter the recovery mode, then your phone might be soft bricked ..
try reflashing

Ready To Help You.

Mar 21, 2015 3:08:38 AM via Website

Shimaa Shalaby

hi

i have note 2 but i install softwere of note 4 but my SIM card doesn't recognized

can i restore my note 2 softwere againe or my phone will die :(

why did you do that ..
try re-flashing with Note 2 software. .but iam not sure this will work

Ready To Help You.

Apr 2, 2015 12:14:58 AM via Website

Thanks Mr Kris..i tryed opening the USB open just a tad bit and trust me it work..THANK U..THANK UUUUUUU...OMG

• Forum posts: 2

Apr 24, 2015 3:35:51 AM via Website

Hi,

This is what happened to my one when I did a hard reset. It's been like this all night. It's freaking me out. Help please.image

Jul 7, 2015 10:37:34 PM via Website

I want to reset my phone because I could not connect to my laptop. I tried all the suggestions i could find online but nothing worked. So I thought maybe a reset might do the trick. Now my problem is how do make a backup of 8GB data stored in my phone when I could not connect to my laptop in the first place. Help please.

Jul 14, 2015 6:08:53 PM via Website

Hi.

My note 2 wont continue to boot. Stuck on the samsung galaxy note 2 logo. And when i charge my phone when turned off, it only shows the battery. Nothing is moving. What can i do? Please help. Thanks.

Jul 29, 2015 12:04:19 AM via Website

i did everything that you have written ..... but even after that my device did not restart... when i tried to start it on my own its stuck to this the welcome screen which says samsung galaxy note 2 GT-N7100.... what should i do now

Aug 5, 2015 5:18:38 PM via Website

Hi, i just bought one of these Samsung galaxy note 2 from my friend as they were upgrading devices, problem is it wont read any sim from any network (im in New Zealand) and when i am at the home screen it says "you have activated the tracker ...(some numbers)... on this device" how can i get around this problem to insert a sim card??? ANY HELP OR SUGGESTIONS APPRECIATED :-D

Nov 11, 2015 5:17:13 PM via Website

how long does it take to reboot the device after the factory reset??

Nov 18, 2015 9:40:02 AM via Website

Hai Kris, i want as something. When i play games at my note 2, it restart and stack at logo's loading screen. i have followed your step but still not work. can u suggested me why should i do ? should i go samsung service center?

Mar 22, 2016 6:38:28 PM via Website

Hi there @kricarlon i cant go to the factory resey menu, i keep on pressing the home+volume+power button over and over again but it always projects on the SAMSUNG title onmy screen. I cant even open my phone 2 days from now. Hope you can help me.

Mar 25, 2016 8:08:52 PM via Website

Hello Kris. My samsung galaxy note II is stuck on the samsung boot logo. I have tried using odin to flash it but nothing has happened it is still stuck. Please help! And also i cant find my recovery mode even after following the procedure of pressing the home key together with the power key and volume up key(button) . PLEASE HELP.

Jul 3, 2016 1:36:43 PM via Website

Hey kris,
I have samsung note 2. it is very nice phone till i have downloaded some application from unidentified source and it is installed by mistake.
I am facing some errors of APUS application and other which i have not permitted to download in my phone. I have done FACTORY RESET and HARD RESET too. but it is not helpful to me. when ever I try to use my phone quickly it is not responding properly and also get switch off automatically. Please help me as I literally fade up with these unknown application.