Samsung Galaxy Note 3 — Email sync disabled

• Replies:96
  • OpenStickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 1

May 8, 2014 3:20:18 AM via Website

:) Thank you this worked for me. I have been trying to get my email to work for a couple weeks. I'm glad you were able to share this information. Thanks again.

Loie Favre
  • Admin
  • Staff
  • Forum posts: 1,116

May 8, 2014 10:37:38 AM via Website

Just to recap for all those newcomers who acces this app, here is the solution to the problem!

Settings >connections tab , then 'Data Usage' , then click on hard menu button (bottom left) of phone-check (tick) Auto Sync data
hope it helps.

:)

May 9, 2014 12:57:18 AM via Website

Tried everything without success but thanks A.W. yours work!!! Thanks:D

May 10, 2014 5:49:07 AM via Website

Thanks for the help. This frustrated me for 2 days. But it worked. So obvious once it's pointed out. Thanks again.

May 14, 2014 12:08:26 AM via Website

thThank you A.W. Your suggestion helped and eventually I got it fixed. Thanks again.

May 14, 2014 10:58:00 PM via Website

Thank you so much :D I have been trying to work out how to get my emails back to normal without being told the sync is disabled for weeks! Wish I read this earlier!! Your a genius!

May 15, 2014 10:29:40 AM via Website

Thanks a lot I really appreciate this....

May 21, 2014 1:11:18 PM via Website

I got solution , swipe down two fingers at da same time from the top of screen many icons will appear last 1 will be "syns" just turn it on , it's master syns , email will start downloading ;)

May 26, 2014 9:28:02 PM via Website

hi a w. Thanks for the advice. Been trying for over a week to sort out the problem. asked several people but no success. Yours was perfect. worked like a charm. Thank you a million zillion times

Jun 6, 2014 9:06:13 AM via Website

Hey A w

The solution was pretty simple. I fought for a long time on this email thing. You gave the apt solution.

Jun 6, 2014 7:43:12 PM via Website

Thank you so much. This worked for me just like you said. So easy peazy.

Jun 13, 2014 5:50:08 PM via Website

Hello, this is my first time here, reading the posts reminded me what I did wrong. "The thing" that everyone is referring to is the sync icon, and you will find it in the NFC ,or the notification panel, and it is under the HEADING (device) at the top of your screen when you pull the home screen down. You can also edit the NFC, so that you can put the apps. you use most at your fingertips. It might not actually show up when you first pull the screen down. You may have to click on device, notification panel, and then drag and drop your sync icon. Hope this helps a little bit more. I tend to need step by step instructions...lol.

Jun 18, 2014 7:41:37 PM via Website

I have been trying to figure this out for days!!! This just F***ing worked. Thank you!!

Jun 22, 2014 10:00:23 PM via Website

Thank you A.W. You are an absolute genius!! I was so stressed after doing KitKat update aarrgghh! Then for the first time in my life read the forums. I will always now read and do my bit to help too! Thank you thank you air kisses and hugs

Jun 25, 2014 4:07:04 AM via Website

AW you are an absolute genius!! How simple and obvious but I never looked at it and was ready to take every app off the phone and start over!! That would be a great place for a "pop up" box to explain that when you can sync your email in the first place!! Thank you

• Forum posts: 13

Jun 25, 2014 2:45:27 PM via Website

Great! It worked just fine :)

Jun 26, 2014 8:24:50 PM via Website

This is the only one that worked. My android was messed up by an app call " Battery Doctor"

Thanks

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,154

Jun 27, 2014 6:49:08 AM via Website

Johann Zuazuen

This is the only one that worked. My android was messed up by an app call " Battery Doctor"

Thanks

Well, Johann battery doctor has messed up the email sync didn't get that :? I was using Battery Doctor previously and never had such issues, the thing I like most about the battery doctor is, the Intelligent power saving mode i.e. It will automatically enable and disable the data connection as per the requirement. I think you have accidentally switch that mode on and what is might be doing is keep switching the data connection off.

Jun 30, 2014 9:19:39 PM via Website

Thank you so much for sharing! It worked for me.