How to promotion app in Google Play?

• Replies:94
awingGame
  • Forum posts: 8

Jul 19, 2014, 11:32:44 AM via Website

I've published a game (Fruits Array) in Google Play, but almost no one can find it.

So how to do can promotion it?

Any suggestion is appreciative, thanks!

damponting44keokafe01

Lee Broadstock
  • Forum posts: 3

Jul 19, 2014, 3:11:54 PM via Website

Hi there
I have found a few ways to promote your Google Play Apps through various sites.
Ones that i have found really good are through micro workers such as: Promoting through Facebook Groups and Getting a LIFE TIME back link to your App on Charity App website Other sites offer jobs to help rank your app on Google Play such as offering 50 Downloads and Installs for your App - I find this helps boost your ranking in Google Play Store. I have used these services for a while and i have found it has made a huge difference.

If you need any information on any of the above please feel free to contact me.

Hope this helps

— modified on Jul 22, 2014, 10:07:17 AM by moderator

Jennifer A.dt thinhdamponting44Deactivated Account

dmitry An
  • Forum posts: 10

Jul 22, 2014, 12:31:36 PM via Website

Make review at this forum (there is special thread). You have to make the traffic for a few days, then your application will rise in the google store and it will be downloaded.

damponting44

John Lynch
  • Forum posts: 9

Jul 22, 2014, 10:08:00 PM via Website

Hi Awing,

If you are interested in advertising, PM me and I'll share some options with you. Thanks!

damponting44

awingGame

Jul 23, 2014, 4:16:32 AM via Website

thx, John, but currently i've no money to do advertising.

damponting44

awingGame

Jul 23, 2014, 4:17:40 AM via Website

thanks for your reply, Lee Broadstock.

— modified on Jul 23, 2014, 4:18:37 AM

damponting44

awingGame

Jul 23, 2014, 4:19:30 AM via Website

dmitry An

Make review at this forum (there is special thread). You have to make the traffic for a few days, then your application will rise in the google store and it will be downloaded.

Thank you, dmitry An. But how to Make review?

damponting44

Karthick Chandrasekaran
  • Forum posts: 55

Jul 24, 2014, 11:32:25 PM via Website

The Google Play algorithm is quite unknown and there is no special formula to bring it in the front. If you want non paid promotions here are some ideas from my side

• Write blogs and post it in blogging sites.
  • Forum Uploads (but dont dump the link in forums it might create an irritation to the users)
  • Social Media Optimization, I mean ask your friends to review and ask your friends to tell their friends.
  • Dont pay for reviewing your app in Google Play it might result in suspension of the account (Google Play Developer Policy)
  • App Videos, make a channel in youtube and promote with this video and make screeshots
  • There are 500 sites which includes Review Sites, Forum etc... If you upload your game in all these sites you can increase your ranking position. Keep an eye on the Top Free and Top New Free of your category.

I am a freelance marketing professional, should you require any promotional activities for your app let me know.

damponting44Juvas CheevDeactivated AccountDL GamesawingGame

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jul 28, 2014, 12:59:00 PM via Website

Karthick Chandrasekaran

The Google Play algorithm is quite unknown and there is no special formula to bring it in the front. If you want non paid promotions here are some ideas from my side

• Forum Uploads (but dont dump the link in forums it might create an irritation to the users)
  • Social Media Optimization, I mean ask your friends to review and ask your friends to tell their friends.
  • Dont pay for reviewing your app in Google Play it might result in suspension of the account (Google Play Developer Policy)
  • App Videos, make a channel in youtube and promote with this video and make screeshots
  • There are 500 sites which includes Review Sites, Forum etc... If you upload your game in all these sites you can increase your ranking position. Keep an eye on the Top Free and Top New Free of your category.

I am a freelance marketing professional, should you require any promotional activities for your app let me know.

Those are some great ideas for authentically promoting apps. Thanks Karthick!

Karthick Chandrasekarandamponting44

Karthick Chandrasekaran

Jul 28, 2014, 11:15:53 PM via Website

You are welcome Scott. :) Pleasure is mine

damponting44

alex

Aug 7, 2014, 9:54:54 AM via Website

You can find a lot of reviewers on this site : Admin Edit: External Links Not Allowed
They will use and review your app positively.

— modified on Aug 7, 2014, 10:28:04 AM by moderator

awingGame

Frangulyan
  • Forum posts: 18

Aug 24, 2014, 1:30:06 PM via Website

google uses its sophisticated algorithm to bring up the apps based on search criteria, even when I wrote the full name it was still not appearing

try to upload also on amazon app store, it is quite common in US and gives good results

Henry Fernandez
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 29, 2014, 8:22:28 AM via Website

One of my friend was also suffering from the same situation then he started suggesting game on forums related to it and also on Social media platforms . You can get plenty of traffic on these platforms .Create a Community on Facebook and Twitter and suggest your Game with them would be beneficial for you .

Mod Edit: External Links are not allowed

— modified on Feb 22, 2015, 9:29:14 AM by moderator

herry prothyer
  • Forum posts: 88

Aug 29, 2014, 8:49:45 AM via Website

Karthick Chandrasekaran

Yes that is really a great points, i see that social networking sites and youtube is really works for promoting to your application or business, so its social sites and youtube play a major role. No doubt it takes some time but its really works.

James S.
  • Forum posts: 11

Sep 1, 2014, 7:19:55 AM via Website

Providing a YouTube trailer is super important for promoting your app. Many review sites do not even accept submission without a link to video/trailer.

Karthick Chandrasekaran

Sep 7, 2014, 12:24:42 AM via Website

herry prothyer

Karthick Chandrasekaran

Yes that is really a great points, i see that social networking sites and youtube is really works for promoting to your application or business, so its social sites and youtube play a major role. No doubt it takes some time but its really works.

Yes, that's true.

Mate Devs
  • Forum posts: 31

Sep 7, 2014, 1:58:34 AM via Website

Really good points

Edwin Bos
  • Forum posts: 23

Sep 17, 2014, 8:35:12 AM via Website

Karthick Chandrasekaran

This.

Volodymyr Machekhin

Generic Field

Sep 24, 2014, 4:02:25 AM via Website

Karthick Chandrasekaran

Thanks.
But I found it quite useless for asking some website to review.

Volodymyr Machekhin

systango
  • Forum posts: 7

Oct 2, 2014, 2:04:42 PM via Website

Choose the right campaign type to advertise your app
Drive downloads of your mobile app

With “Mobile app installs” campaigns, you can focus your entire campaign on getting more people to download your app. Once you select the app you want to promote, we’ll help customize the rest of your campaign targeting and ads to increase app installs. Keep in mind, more downloads could improve your app store ranking, which can result in even more people downloading your app.

“Mobile app installs” campaigns are available on both the Search and Display Networks. On YouTube, you can create “TrueView for mobile app promotion” campaign to drive app downloads.

yatha.yt18@gmail.com

Oct 2, 2014, 4:07:40 PM via App

awingGame

I've published a game (Fruits Array) in Google Play, but almost no one can find it.

keokafe01
  • Forum posts: 32

Oct 3, 2014, 7:12:44 AM via Website

awingGame

I am also in the same condition as you. Actually known to the user headaches. But I have an application with 40 000 users already. It is encouraging at this time.
It's here: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dthmabu.iphone6wallpapper

Karthick Chandrasekaran

Oct 3, 2014, 12:09:49 PM via Website

Generic Field

Karthick Chandrasekaran

Thanks.

Actually the website will be having frequent visitors who always looks for new games, so these websites would be a medium to reach those people.

Sleepywarrior
  • Forum posts: 2

Oct 3, 2014, 1:28:01 PM via Website

I agree with others support of Karthick points. They are all valid points and really matter a lot.

Karthick Chandrasekaran

Rampkin
  • Forum posts: 12

Oct 8, 2014, 12:48:54 PM via Website

If you have some money, you can use some advertasing network. Check it chartboost. You pay only for installs. If you release another application you can also use cross promotion mechanism (supported by chartboost for free).

systango
  • Forum posts: 7

Oct 10, 2014, 9:08:05 AM via Website

Hello, Being a Search Engine Analyst there is only way to promote your application through E-Marketing you need to promote it trough blog marketing try to share it trough forms where many users will find your application.
us social media promotion for that it has a huge scope. OK .. So Best of luck..

MaryLee

Oct 13, 2014, 4:16:53 PM via Website

You can promote it through Google+. I can help you to generate many "likes" there. We can discuss conditions in private messages

Rampkin

Oct 14, 2014, 11:48:21 AM via Website

I try promote my App through Google+. but it looks nobody follow it. Mary Lee you know something that i don't know:)?

Sean Mann
  • Forum posts: 6

Oct 15, 2014, 2:34:50 AM via Website

It sure isn't easy!
First get as many friends to download, G+, and rate the game as is possible. This tends to take a bit of time because... people are busy with their own lives! There are some Facebook groups and Google+ groups where you can exchange reviews with each other and promote your apps. These are pretty good but take time and you have to be cautious and ask for honest reviews, don't ask for 5 star reviews as that might be seen as manipulating the system.

G+'ing is VERY important as it really helps your ranking and when doing a regular Google search your app will come up more.

Next up is link building... this is even tougher! You need to get people to write reviews about your game and blog about it with links to the play store. All I can say about this is that you need a really good app that is newsworthy. If not you'll be begging a lot for very few reviews. Try aiming at the lesser known blogs and review sites. They won't get you very far, but it gives you more credibility and helps when you're asking others for blog reviews.
Search Google for "Gamasutra article on Google Doc for Indie Developer Help List"
I can't post a link yet...
That list is AWESOME!

Next up is to try some alternative markets. SlideMe, GetJar, Opera, and Android Pit have their own app markets. Even if you just get as many downloads from them as you do Google Play then you're getting somewhere.

Finally make sure that you have a press page all set up so that when people do want to review your game that the relevant info is right at their finger tips! check out dopresskit by Rami from Vlambeer.

That's about all I've got. None of it is easy. But keep at it. Work at getting FB and Twitter followers. Try to have fun with it!

Volodymyr MachekhinJuvas Cheev

Rampkin

Oct 15, 2014, 11:18:55 AM via Website

Ahhhh. It looks that is much work to do...:) Thanks for sharing it..

Karthick Chandrasekaran

Oct 15, 2014, 8:28:29 PM via Website

Sleepywarrior

I agree with others support of Karthick points. They are all valid points and really matter a lot.

Thank you warrior.

MaryLee

Oct 20, 2014, 1:16:56 PM via Website

Rampkin

I try promote my App through Google+. but it looks nobody follow it. Mary Lee you know something that i don't know:)?

We have program, which generate boost )

CodeNgo
  • Forum posts: 5

Oct 25, 2014, 2:10:47 AM via Website

Actually we help developers to promote their apps in different stores (not just gPlay) around the world and increase efficiently the number of downloads.

Alternatively you can join external services!

Vishnu Narayana
  • Forum posts: 4

Nov 3, 2014, 2:08:25 AM via Website

The other guy's post sounds kind of fishy (in a bad way) and not entirely honest.

Couple of things you could do:

1. Post about your game to all sorts of forums and websites (like this one for instance)
  2. Contact Youtube reviewers/ Let's Players and email them if they would cover your game.
  3. Contact a mobile games online journal/magazine and ask them to review your game.

Just get the word out about your game, and there should be more people downloading it.

Game Dev

Nov 6, 2014, 1:22:21 PM via Website

Hi Jhon,
Do you offer pay per install,

If yes please share the prices.
Thanks.
Sami

squarestation
  • Forum posts: 14

Nov 21, 2014, 11:01:02 PM via Website

Anyone tried adverting through Admob?

Tofael Ahmed

Dec 1, 2014, 8:23:03 PM via Website

Exchange App Reviews is a great app in google play for getting free reviews.
I have used it for my game "Floppy Bird Duo" and it gave me great results!

Emre

Dec 11, 2014, 5:16:15 PM via Website

Karthick Chandrasekaran

Hello Karthick,

Good suggestion, actually i need your service.

Please contact me

Sagi Ravid

Dec 14, 2014, 5:52:43 PM via Website

Hi lee, i would be grateful if you could send me some direct links to services that u used or anything else that would guide me.
thanks a lot

Sagi Ravid

Dec 15, 2014, 8:20:40 AM via Website

Hi lee, i would be grateful if you could send me some direct links to services that u used or anything else that would guide me.
thanks a lot

Lemo

Jan 10, 2015, 11:04:59 PM via Website

Hello Karthick,

Thanks for the useful post.

I'm interested in your marketing services, please send me pm. I tried to send you pm but did not go trought because I'm a new AndroidPit user.

Flavio Battocchio

Jan 12, 2015, 11:36:09 AM via Website

From my experience:
- How app is listed in the store is important and makes the difference.
I made wrong descriptions and downloads decreased for weeks.
- Translation in many languages can help.
Russian and Portuguese, i.e.can give some extra download
- Patience is a must
Sometimes I feel that Google Play limits downloads, I have apps that have almost the same amount of new users everyday.
i.e. an app with 12.000 downloads always gives me 100 new user per day, another with 2.500 downloads gives 20 to 25 per day.

Note that app exchange is risky:
-Google notice if you have too many reviews
-Exchanging downloads increases number of new users, but most of time same users will uninstall app asap. Having a bad installs/uninstalls rate kills your visibility so the effect would be the opposite than you hope.

Also, AndroidPIT is a great alternative store that can help you, but also consider publishing app on 1Mobile so app can be visible in many countries where Google does not work or is not so popular.

rickeyjamil
  • Forum posts: 4

Jan 12, 2015, 12:02:18 PM via Website

You can promote your app in forums and Q/A sites. This will surely bring traffic to your site.

Shivam Soni
  • Forum posts: 13

Jan 27, 2015, 12:27:19 PM via Website

Try AAP - Android App Promotion app on playstore as they provide free download exchange services where you download an app and your app gets downloaded in return .You can see the results in daily reports and take appropriate measure while doing so .

(Admin edit: You are not allowed to promote your application over here)

— modified on Jan 27, 2015, 3:14:46 PM by moderator

Rafa

Jan 27, 2015, 1:06:01 PM via Website

One other good way is to post it to sites like Reddit.

Sam Lee
  • Forum posts: 11

Feb 5, 2015, 4:32:14 AM via Website

Right, I sent to few site ask for review. But no reply.
Maybe no money is hard to to that.

Generic Field

Karthick Chandrasekaran

Thanks.

markhopes

Feb 16, 2015, 7:52:03 AM via Website

Hi,
Really good info i am also looking to promote my app.

Gaurav Mehra

Feb 21, 2015, 9:56:46 PM via Website

please search on google play com.icicle.braindevs and share my app

Jaya Prakash

Mar 4, 2015, 4:47:48 AM via Website

Karthick Chandrasekaran

Have any suggestion on promoting our app in specific region.

Bokaliza

Mar 21, 2015, 6:44:21 AM via Website

I've also got a game Dodgeball Runner in the google play store, but I've got a few downloads and I See you've gained 1000 Downloads , since your post is almost a year old I'd like to know what you did

— modified on Mar 21, 2015, 6:45:16 AM