• OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 11

Nov 18, 2014 12:33:53 PM via Website

Senapus Petit

Barikad

Senapus Petit

cedric

Hi All,

Edition IV installed, I don't see any change and it's not the M10 version of CM11.
. some scrolable widget are not working (ex: calendar widget)
. In the contact list, nothing happened when you click on the telephone number
Same issues with the edition III nevertheless it's a stable and good ROM
Roll back to edition III
Thanks for this verison :)

As stated before, these issues you have can not be replicated on my device.
Scrollable widgets work and tapping on telephone numbers in contact list calls them.
I suggest you clean the device with factory reset, clear cache, dalvik cache, and system partition before flashing the ROM.

Same issues with Edition III: can't call from contact app. Searching from phone app force close. Plus: App2SD work fine... until reboot. After reboot all apps moved to sdcard are gone...
My coworker, who have the same devices, wait for the resolution of this issues for flashing ...
I will try your fourth edition next week end.

Thank you,
It's weird, I don't have the contact issue but it was reported once before.
I guess I'll add it to the bug list in the first page.

Hi Senapus,

thanks for your reply,
It's working when you type on the picture in the contact app list (not in the middle because you edit the contact / in "edition mode" you don't have the telephone icon but only sms.)
For me it's a small issue and the edition III is very good and stable.

Thanks again for your work

Cédric

• Forum posts: 3

Nov 20, 2014 12:45:31 AM via Website

Senapus Petit

Ja D.

Hi everyone,
I use CM11 for a couple of days and really appreciate it. However, I have a bad issue: I can't move apps to my SD card. More precisely, if I reboot the phone, every application looks as not installed. Don't know what to do. Any clue?

This is weird, I do not have this issue and I moved many apps from internal to MicroSD.
I do have another issue with MicroSD but it's not related, I can only access the internal memory through a PC. Hopefully the new release fixes this.

Do you think I could I change some settings so my internal memory issue could be fixed?To remind you, I can move apps but they all appear as uninstalled as soon as I reboot my phone.

In fact, I didn't succeed to restore the previous 9.29 official ROM so I don't know if the issue is a hardware one.

• Forum posts: 2

Nov 20, 2014 3:57:04 AM via Website

Hi Guy, I would like to ask if your having touch sensitivity issues on CMv3? When scrolling to the screen I always accidentally open apps instead. It happens randomly. Aside from that no other issues I encountered.

Nov 20, 2014 4:59:25 AM via Website

Thanks for this post.
I really wanted this to work, but couldn't get 3g/4g data to work at all
I am using 2 sims and can't get data to either of them to work on either of them..

Don't know if I am doing something wrong - tried both versions (III and IV) according to the instructions and checked that apn settings are correct but to no avail :-(
Not sure what else to try, so I shall go back to stock rom since I definitely need mobile data.

— modified on Nov 20, 2014 5:01:50 AM

Nov 20, 2014 5:12:28 AM via Website

Ravi Welsh

Thanks for this post.
I really wanted this to work, but couldn't get 3g/4g data to work at all
I am using 2 sims and can't get data to either of them to work on either of them..

Don't know if I am doing something wrong - tried both versions (III and IV) according to the instructions and checked that apn settings are correct but to no avail :-(
Not sure what else to try, so I shall go back to stock rom since I definitely need mobile data.

You may want to check under mobile networks that data network is enabled and preferred network type is selected correctly then you can disable and enable again the sim under multi sim option.

Nov 20, 2014 1:36:26 PM via Website

Hi Senapus Petit,

Thanks for your contribution for Nubia Z7 Max (I plan to buy this weekend), you really help a lot of ppl with this devices.

Hope it's not too much to ask or out of topic but do you plan to release Lollipop version?

cheers,

Danny

Nov 20, 2014 1:40:01 PM via Website

Hi All,

anyone tried this before?

admin edit: Links not allowed

— modified on Nov 24, 2014 11:53:41 AM by moderator

• Forum posts: 1

Nov 20, 2014 10:49:31 PM via Website

Senapus Petit

Hello everyone

I own a ZTE Nubia Z7 MAX, it's an amazing phone and the chinese community is quickly developing custom ROMs.
Unfortunately I do not understand chinese and I bet most occidentals don't understand it either.

I struggled to understand what to do in order to root, flash ClockWorkMod and CyanogenMod since all the information on the internet is indeed written in chinese. But I succeded and now I'm going to share with you how.

• Download Towelroot.apk and SuperSU Pro v2.0.0.apk
  • Copy them on your MicroSD
  • Run Towelroot.apk on your phone using any file manager
  • Tap make it ra1n
  • Wait for your phone to restart
  • Run SuperSU Pro v2.0.0.apk on your phone using any file manager

How to flash CWM recovery:

• Root your Nubia Z7 MAX following the instructions above
  • Insert an empty MicroSD in your phone
  • Download USB_Driver.zip and extract it
  • Download cwm nx505j.zip and extract it
  • Install USB_Driver.exe
  • Enable USB debugging and connect your phone with the USB cable
  • Run FlashCWM.bat
  • On your phone, grant root access when prompted

• Flash CWM on your Nubia Z7 MAX following the instructions above

• Download cm11 nx505j IV Edition.zip
  • Copy cm11 nx505j IV Edition.zip to MicroSD
  • Go in CWM recovery (With your phone switched off, hold volume up and power button)
  • Navigate the recovery using volume up to go up, volume down to go down and power button to select the highlighted option
  • Wipe data
  • Confirm
  • Wipe cache
  • Confirm
  • Advanced
  • Wipe Dalvik cache
  • Confirm
  • Go back
  • Install zip
  • Choose zip from SD card
  • Select cm11 nx505j IV Edition.zip
  • Confirm
  • Reboot

• Flash CM11 on your Nubia Z7 MAX following the instructions above

• Download gapps.zip
  • Copy gapps.zip to MicroSD
  • Go in CWM recovery (With your phone switched off, hold volume up and power button)
  • Navigate the recovery using volume up to go up, volume down to go down and power button to select the highlighted option
  • Install Zip from SD card
  • Choose zip from SD card
  • Select gapps.zip
  • Confirm
  • Go back
  • Whipe cache
  • Confirm
  • Reboot

Credits
Towelroot: geohot
CWM: syhost
CM11: lwang, syhost, zhaochengw

Please do not copy/paste this tutorial elsewhere, link to this thread instead.
Please leave a comment if you used this tutorial.
Also leave a comment if you need any help or find any bug.

Please my phone can no longer leave CWM Recovery mode. no matter how many times I restarted it, it will still go back to that screen (CWM-Recovery mode). My phone can no longer boot completely again.

• Forum posts: 70

Nov 21, 2014 11:28:36 AM via Website

Musbau Adesina

Please my phone can no longer leave CWM Recovery mode. no matter how many times I restarted it, it will still go back to that screen (CWM-Recovery mode). My phone can no longer boot completely again.

This is good, if you can get inside CWM it means your phone works perfectly fine, you just fail at following my instructions.
Follow my instructions on how to flash the ROM, do a wipe data, clean cache and dalvik cache before flashing or you will have issues.

Nov 22, 2014 10:41:41 PM via Website

I flashed CM11 this morning to see what it was like and to be honest, I didn't like it at all. The nubia UI is a lot nicer and looks more sophisticated.

Nov 23, 2014 1:39:09 PM via Website

Hi Senapus,
Firstly thanks so much for the step by step instructions they worked well although the USB adb driver I had to get elsewhwhere....now I have a problem my sim toolkit is not visible and I need it daily to access my Mpesa (Kenyan Mobile money system that is toolkit based) I've tried downloading a 3rd party toolkit to no success....please help....thanks

Nov 23, 2014 8:20:58 PM via Website

Allan Madoka

Hi Senapus,
Firstly thanks so much for the step by step instructions they worked well although the USB adb driver I had to get elsewhwhere....now I have a problem my sim toolkit is not visible and I need it daily to access my Mpesa (Kenyan Mobile money system that is toolkit based) I've tried downloading a 3rd party toolkit to no success....please help....thanks

You have to find a STK.apk and flash it using cwm recovery. I am sorry but I can't help you with that, I hope someone else can. Use Google, I'm sure somebody already has the files you need uploaded.

• Forum posts: 4

Nov 23, 2014 9:47:49 PM via Website

DannyNg

Hi All,

anyone tried this before?

FAKE. Sure. Do not try flash.

— modified on Nov 24, 2014 11:54:00 AM by moderator

Nov 23, 2014 9:52:01 PM via Website

Hi Senatus.

Wonderful ROM. I flashed four days ago in order to test it and I've stayed with it. Good battery life. I don't miss anything from Nubia 1.41 and multilanguage works perfectly.
Two minor bugs:
Unable to dial some numbers from contact (as reported) but only contacts in my secondary google account, not primary.
Sometimes gallery don't show screenshots and ever photos. Using Google photos instead.

Only thing I miss are:
- blinking led on notifications instead of solid led.
- double tap wake up. Kernel doesn't support but official kernel yes...

Thank you very much!! :-)

Nov 23, 2014 11:21:09 PM via Website

Senapus Petit

Barikad

Senapus Petit

cedric

Hi All,

Edition IV installed, I don't see any change and it's not the M10 version of CM11.
. some scrolable widget are not working (ex: calendar widget)
. In the contact list, nothing happened when you click on the telephone number
Same issues with the edition III nevertheless it's a stable and good ROM
Roll back to edition III
Thanks for this verison :)

As stated before, these issues you have can not be replicated on my device.
Scrollable widgets work and tapping on telephone numbers in contact list calls them.
I suggest you clean the device with factory reset, clear cache, dalvik cache, and system partition before flashing the ROM.

Same issues with Edition III: can't call from contact app. Searching from phone app force close. Plus: App2SD work fine... until reboot. After reboot all apps moved to sdcard are gone...
My coworker, who have the same devices, wait for the resolution of this issues for flashing ...
I will try your fourth edition next week end.

Thank you,
It's weird, I don't have the contact issue but it was reported once before.
I guess I'll add it to the bug list in the first page.

Hi All

I believe I have the solution to the contacts issue.

There are 2 options to access the contact's information

the first is to touch the picture beside their name.
the second is to touch their name.

Touching the picture gives access to direct dial their number by touching it.

Touching their name does not.

Hope this helps

Jeff

Nov 24, 2014 11:42:57 AM via Website

Biggenz

I flashed CM11 this morning to see what it was like and to be honest, I didn't like it at all. The nubia UI is a lot nicer and looks more sophisticated.

It's not like we care lol
Enjoy what you like, but maybe somebody should introduce you to the concept of android launchers.
Functionality, that is why everyone loves custom ROMs. The look can be customized.

Nov 24, 2014 11:49:41 AM via Website

Inigoml

Hi Senatus.

Wonderful ROM. I flashed four days ago in order to test it and I've stayed with it. Good battery life. I don't miss anything from Nubia 1.41 and multilanguage works perfectly.
Two minor bugs:
Unable to dial some numbers from contact (as reported) but only contacts in my secondary google account, not primary.
Sometimes gallery don't show screenshots and ever photos. Using Google photos instead.

Only thing I miss are:
- blinking led on notifications instead of solid led.
- double tap wake up. Kernel doesn't support but official kernel yes...

Thank you very much!! :-)

Hello,

I use a third party gallery app too.
The led does not pulse because of the official kernel ZTE never released. Devs on github are working on it, as well as the MicroSD USB mounting issue.
Double tap to wake has the same problem.
If you mail ZTE to request the official kernel source to be released they just ignore you and send an automated email back which sucks. We only can rely on devs on github.

Nov 24, 2014 9:59:14 PM via Website

Senapus Petit

Biggenz

Enjoy what you like, but maybe somebody should introduce you to the concept of android launchers.
Functionality, that is why everyone loves custom ROMs. The look can be customized.

I didn't ask you to care. I gave you my opinion.

So then tell me, what is so much better on CM11 that the stock UI can't do?

Nov 24, 2014 10:09:17 PM via Website

Biggenz

Senapus Petit

Biggenz

I didn't ask you to care. I gave you my opinion.

So then tell me, what is so much better on CM11 that the stock UI can't do?

Your comment is absolutely not helpful to this thread
The list of features CyanogenMod has over stock Nubia ROM are so many I can not even begin to list them. Google is your friend.
To begin with, CyanogenMod is not a UI.
I have already given a link to answer to a question like this before. Use the search function or read the whole thread before wasting everyone's time.

— modified on Nov 24, 2014 10:11:57 PM

Nov 25, 2014 10:36:30 AM via Website

Hi Sen,
Another bug on my phone with edition IV : unable to add voicemail number on SIM 2
Hope you can do something on edition V (cool)
Thanks again for your work