Whatsapp notification Problem

• Replies:22
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 3

Oct 16, 2014 5:23:14 AM via Website

Dear Team, am not receiving whatsapp notification and new messages while my screen is locked/off. When i manually enter the whatsapp that time only i am receiving notification and messages. I checked my device completely all notifications was enabled condition only even i checked whatsapp notification settings also there also al notification was enabled only. yesterday i downloaded and installed the new version of whatsapp but still notification was not receiving. My network also good condition only i am using 2G. In the same way i am receiving wechat and gmail notification normally but whatsapp only am not receiving the notifiication. Kindly help me to solve this.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,146

Oct 16, 2014 7:35:59 AM via Website

Well, @Pradheep that's weird, :? anyway look if turned the sync option enabled, and if that still doesn't helps try clearing the cache and data stored stored by whatsapp. One more thing are you using any battery savers ?(lightbulb) Because I use to encounter this problem when I was using some battery savers to kill the application running over the background ! (thinking)

Oct 16, 2014 9:14:09 AM via Website

John F.

Well, @Pradheep that's weird, :? anyway look if turned the sync option enabled, and if that still doesn't helps try clearing the cache and data stored stored by whatsapp. One more thing are you using any battery savers ?(lightbulb) Because I use to encounter this problem when I was using some battery savers to kill the application running over the background ! (thinking)

Dear John, thanks for your quote. I am checked there is no battery saver installed on my mobile and also am enabled auto sync and background data but still am facing the problem. Yesterday onwards i am facing another one more problem while opening whatsapp its automatically force-closed up to 3 to 5 times. For gmail and wechat i am getting normal notification even my screen is locked/off. But whatsapp only the problem. Kindly help me.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,146

Oct 16, 2014 10:13:51 AM via Website

Okay, @Pradheep Don't panic we will try to get things working back to normal, :) Okay, no open up your device settings>application manager>tap over whatsapp and try clearing the cache and the data stored. See if that work out for you ! (angel)

Oct 17, 2014 11:01:48 AM via Website

John F.

Okay, @Pradheep Don't panic we will try to get things working back to normal, :) Okay, no open up your device settings>application manager>tap over whatsapp and try clearing the cache and the data stored. See if that work out for you ! (angel)

Dear John, that also i did but still i am facing the problem and one more problem also i am facing whenever i open the whatsapp its automatically force-stopped.

• Forum posts: 1

Jan 22, 2016 12:19:05 PM via Website

Pradheep

John F.

Dear John, that also i did but still i am facing the problem and one more problem also i am facing whenever i open the whatsapp its automatically force-stopped.

Hello, people. This is sam even I am facing the same problem with whatsapp notification. Please help

• Forum posts: 678

Jan 23, 2016 6:33:21 AM via Website

Disable power saver mode
Uninstall or disable apps that disables the background process
If you have any battery saver apps, disable them. Usually these apps disable background apps to gain battery power

Ready To Help You.

May 12, 2016 8:57:06 AM via Website

Finally got a solution for the whatsapp notification problem after many months......
I am using Samsung Galaxy J7.
Friends, follow the path:
Settings->Data Usage->Select Whatsapp-> And make sure Restrict background data is unchecked.

I did the same. It worked for me.
Hope it will work for u tooooo.

Jun 14, 2016 10:39:04 AM via Website

Settings->Data Usage->Select Whatsapp-> And make sure Restrict background data is unchecked.

Yeah but if we lock the phone .. the restrict background automaticly are "checked" again.

• Forum posts: 2

Jun 17, 2016 4:10:25 PM via Website

Same problem i am facing it gets checked automatically and we wont get notification.

Jun 17, 2016 4:11:08 PM via Website

But it gets checked automatically and we wont get notification.,what to do

• Forum posts: 5

Jun 22, 2016 6:09:50 AM via Website

Thank you Lalit, it was helpful. I thought this may be a problem with WhatsApp notification setting.

Jun 26, 2016 7:22:18 PM via Website

same issue . whatsapp web also working for 1-2 minutes , then only the phone gets notifications , and then also the phone stops to get it untill unlocked

Jun 30, 2016 11:11:58 AM via Website

Go to Application Manager->Whatsapp

You will see Notifications and may show as disabled.

Click Notifications->Allow Notifications.

This should work.

I was having a tough time from a long long time. But eureka it worked!

Aug 12, 2016 8:06:54 PM via Website

Im also having the same problem here.. wen we try to off the restrict data... After few min its turn on automaticly....

Aug 12, 2016 8:10:08 PM via Website

Wat to do... really need help... this is my 1st time im using android and face this kind of problem

Aug 29, 2016 5:52:59 AM via Website

I'm teaching the same problem with my new note 7. It worked ok for a week then I changed my sim card and reinstalled whatsapp then the problem started... Even the Samsung service centre is baffled

Aug 29, 2016 5:53:25 AM via Website

Sorry I meant to say I'm having the same problem

Aug 29, 2016 10:57:53 AM via Website

I've the same problem - I don't get any notification from WhatsApp. I am so upset on it. :( please help in solving the problem. Thanks

Aug 31, 2016 7:56:28 AM via Website

Hi All!

I'm very excited to inform you that I've got the way to resolve the WhatsApp issue! You just disable the Opera Max app from you Samsung J7 mobile set. Opera Max is a built in app - which may create problem while disabling. However, I've not observed any problem after disabling it. Now I'm getting WhatsApp notification. Happy!

Thanks and regards,
Dev