my battery draining fast, after marshmallow update.

• Replies:100
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 21

Oct 20, 2015 9:18:38 AM via Website

MSP.

Tried but didn't get update in my spice android one.

• Forum posts: 5

Oct 20, 2015 12:34:54 PM via Website

Meghal,

Reset your phone to factory settings and try..
i think all android one phones got marshmellow update

• Forum posts: 5

Oct 20, 2015 12:39:29 PM via Website

friends,

today i got 1.8MB update for my micromax a1 android phone may be it is for battery bug resolution

• Forum posts: 1

Oct 20, 2015 7:45:06 PM via Website

I also got that 1.8MB update and after that battery performance has improved...

Oct 21, 2015 10:01:27 AM via Website

Another observsation,

When we use dialer to make phone calls , the batttery is also draining that time.

Oct 21, 2015 11:18:13 AM via Website

yet to received that 1.8 MB update for saving battery. I am using spice andriod one, Shiv have you received the update pl. confirm.

Oct 22, 2015 8:47:10 AM via Website

Hi,

I am using Karbon Saparkle V, i had the same battery drain issue after android 6 installation. As of now i did not receive any update, but just to let you know, couple of days back made the settings change on Display->Adaptive brightness to ON and turned off the wifi, after this change i see the battery life has certainly improved a lot. Since i did not see any patch update, i consider this as the work around which fixed the battery issue, previously after android 6 installation, during standby over the night, it used to drain around 20% but now i am back to normal of lollipop days of around < 5% battery drain in standby. Hopfully this might be a workaround till we get a patch and fix for others too.

• Forum posts: 16

Oct 22, 2015 9:26:17 AM via Website

Try battery saver app from google play store

• Forum posts: 14

Oct 22, 2015 1:07:06 PM via Website

Meghal Shah

yet to received that 1.8 MB update for saving battery. I am using spice andriod one, Shiv have you received the update pl. confirm.

Hi Meghal,

Just checked my phone again. Still no update.

Shiv

Oct 23, 2015 8:47:09 AM via Website

Hi shiv,

Yes i am also yet to receive that update.
Hi Rida,
have tried all the battery saver appls from google (avast, Batttery Doctor, DU battery saver, 2 battery) but any app not helping.
Waiting for the update.

Meghal

• Forum posts: 19

Oct 23, 2015 9:05:36 AM via Website

Deepika Narayanswamy,
Nivedit,
Shravan Kumar,
Tamal Anwar,
MSP, Shiv Nair.....

Guys it just battery adjustable problem with 6.0 environment, i installed BATTERY DOCTOR, and it made my battery better to perform, and more over i noticed that Ccleaner or CM security or any 3rd party cache cleaners are running in background were using much battery power than others. so also disable them.

Actually Google released a patch today for battery life. if it reached you, you are safe,. if not wait until it reached. until then make sure as i said.
It will help you guys.

Oct 23, 2015 9:08:30 AM via Website

shafiul shahid,

Already we are using Marshmallow, and no need of any other 3rd party launcher, it may cause more battery drain.

Oct 23, 2015 9:14:20 AM via Website

Deepika
meghal

just wait until the update reaches you, until then use battery doctor as well disable cache cleaner. after getting update yesterday. observed that keeping my micromax android one in standby with battery saver, reduced only 3% battery overnight from 10pm to 6am. working right.

saketh.

Oct 24, 2015 6:27:35 AM via Website

saketh kumar

Deepika
meghal

just wait until the update reaches you, until then use battery doctor as well disable cache cleaner. after getting update yesterday. observed that keeping my micromax android one in standby with battery saver, reduced only 3% battery overnight from 10pm to 6am. working right.

saketh.

Saketh,

Lets see waiting for update.

Regards,
Meghal

Oct 25, 2015 7:39:03 PM via Website

just root your phone with different kernel and download lollipop 5.1 zip and flash it

• Forum posts: 6

Oct 26, 2015 7:55:27 AM via Website

Hi,

Faced same problem and did not receive patch yet.

Charged micromax a1 phone from 0% charge state till full charge. Then booted Android and started battery doctor to trickle charge for 10 minutes. Last 1.5 days charge is at 70%. After marshmallow update charge was not lasting 24 hours. Can someone facing problem try charging from 0% charge and not boot android till device is fully charged? Does the battery drain problem with marshmallow still continue?

Oct 26, 2015 9:56:27 AM via Website

Yes the same problem is still continues. Apart from that i suggest everyone pl. do not buy mobile from spice. My spice andrio one has today suddenly stope displying. I have tried to do factory feset, kernel boot, partition wipe and reset nothing has helped. I have faced some problem in July also and they took 2.5 months to fix my phone problem. The same has started again, fade up of the same.

I have purchased this phone in Feb-2015 only. So guys please do not go for spice.

Regards,
Meghal

• Forum posts: 14

Oct 26, 2015 12:48:48 PM via Website

I have tried various battery saver apps (including Battery Doctor) since getting 6.0. Of all of them I find that AVG Cleaner works best to help with the battery drain. But it is still extremely high as compared to 5.1. I need to charge my phone 2 or 3 times a day. With 5.1 one charge lasted all day.

I hope we get the patch soon!!!!!