my battery draining fast, after marshmallow update.

• Replies:100
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 11, 2015 7:51:41 AM via Website

Same here!!! My spice android one battery draining fast..

What solution???

Oct 12, 2015 10:09:35 AM via Website

I upgraded my Karbonn Sparkle V to marshmallow and found that the battery drains at approximately 10% an hour in standby. Just to give a perspective on what the battery drain was with Lollipop: I would start with full charge at 7:30AM and after moderate usage (40-45min calls and casual browsing) ended up with around 65-70% of battery life 12hrs later (7:30PM). Now my battery doesn't make it through the day even with battery saver turned on. Google better rectify this soon.

• Forum posts: 14

Oct 12, 2015 11:13:44 AM via Website

Same here. Battery drain has increased by about 30% on my Spice Android One after the Marshmallow upgrade. And Android M is supposed to increase battery life!

I hope soemoen ahs a solution soon.

• Forum posts: 3

Oct 12, 2015 11:45:43 AM via Website

Hi all try DU battery saver, it really helped me out. Additionally, also try Space Cleaner by Uniblue, it will help to clear out your device in terms of Junk and cache files which are not only hogging space on your device but also draining your battery with unnecessary app and file processes running in the background of your device.

Oct 13, 2015 7:39:01 AM via Website

I installed Mcafee Battery saver which i have found to be the best. It has helped to some extent, but the battery drain is still much more than it was with Android 5.1. Since the problem seems to be affecting all makes of Android One phones, I wonder if there is an inherent problem with them that is causing the excessive battery drain.

• Forum posts: 10

Oct 14, 2015 9:47:08 AM via App

oh this is reminding me of lollipop "upgrade" last year on my 1st gen Moto G, battery life went into chaos mode, tried out some apps to help which was not OK. I just wanted my moto to work properly... couple of months later all was good, lollipop calms down and I'm happy moto user again..
hopefully it's just simple teething problems....

Oct 14, 2015 11:58:18 AM via Website

After upgrading my Android one (micromax), to Android 6, I too feel that the bnlattery gets drained very very very fast.
I doubt whether android one is not designed for upgrade to marshmallow. Is there is any way to revert back to 5.1.1, which is certainly faster and better both in terms of performance and battery life.

• Forum posts: 6

Oct 14, 2015 1:47:12 PM via Website

Battery usually drains when some apps keep using the phone resources in the background. I have started using android phone few months ago and got the same issue of charging phone all the times however after deleting few apps I am feeling better than before.

• Forum posts: 19

Oct 15, 2015 3:26:02 AM via Website

Thank u lilly white,

Actually google itself gave us battery saver mode and more often it worked better in lollipop, while coming to 6.0 it is not a good battery saver at all. tried some battery savers from play store but no use.

Oct 15, 2015 5:38:26 AM via Website

A friend suggest this, which he says helped him. Open Setting and then Battery. Tap the menu icon (3 dots) on the top right og the screen. Battery Optimization opens. Select All Apps. App power consumption should get optimized. It will take some time for all the apps to be optimized. I will revert on what results I get. If anyone wants to try this, plese give us feedback about how effective it is on this forum.

• Forum posts: 19

Oct 15, 2015 5:51:32 AM via Website

Hello James_Watson,

may be your vendor not ready to provide updates for your devices, probably you will receive in last days of 2015 or early 2016. thank you.

• Forum posts: 22

Oct 15, 2015 8:31:27 AM via Website

yappi
i got update too and i think this is more update then android lollipop voice reconization,and more battery increasing life.

Oct 16, 2015 10:39:14 AM via Website

The app optimization did not work. The battery drain is still bad. This is ridiculous! Google will probably fix this in due course, but I can't keep charging my phone 2 or 3 times a day. Is there any way to go back to Android 5.1?

• Forum posts: 21

Oct 17, 2015 7:36:48 AM via Website

Saketh,

If you do factory reset than also it will got to 6.0 only if you have updated the 6.0. the Battery problem with my spice andriod one also. Need some action from Google on this.