my battery draining fast, after marshmallow update.

• Replies:100
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 19

Oct 27, 2015 2:02:38 AM via Website

Shiv Nair,

All the android one phones have received the patch, as google conveyed. once force check the update in your mobile.

• Forum posts: 3

Oct 27, 2015 2:46:28 AM via Website

may you ca uptade un app for downlaod the game.

• Forum posts: 10

Oct 27, 2015 5:45:27 AM via Website

but factory reset deletes important apps. Like what if i wanna retain my level on honeyday blitz 2 or COC, or whatever.

• Forum posts: 6

Oct 27, 2015 6:53:40 AM via Website

My micromax a1 shows Build number as MRA58M on model number Micromax AQ4501. Can someone tell if the battery drain patch being discussed is already included? Also. can someone with the battery drain patch share the Build number for their Android One phone?

• Forum posts: 21

Oct 27, 2015 7:27:07 AM via Website

Guys,

After frustrating with my phone today i have changed my phone. Now lets see this new phone will help in battery problem. Again request all pl. don not buy Spice mobile

Oct 27, 2015 10:55:14 AM via Website

Chloe Rice

No problem with restoring your phone, as all the games in android are signed in with Google+ after restore, u can retrain your games as it is by signing in with G+

Oct 27, 2015 10:57:27 AM via Website

Bitan Biswas

My micromax A1 got patch last week and its Built number is MRA58N..

Oct 27, 2015 10:58:19 AM via Website

Meghal Shah

Good decision,

by the way what is your new Phone then.

• Forum posts: 13

Oct 27, 2015 3:37:32 PM via Website

Hi, I'm using a 'Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini' smartphone and this devil eats battery.
Have read through quite a lot of forum articles about this problem but haven't seen a good solution.
I must say that my wifi and bluetooth are always active and have to remain so.
Does anybody know if Samsung (or any other make) have batteries that last longer for the 'S4 Mini' ?
Andy

Oct 28, 2015 8:31:08 AM via Website

Saketh,

Have bought lava pixel the 2nd generation android one phone. Also i have one lumia 535 also and it seems that lumia is better experience than andriod.

The battery drain problem is not as much as it was in spice drem uno. May be the hardware of the lava is the reason. it has 2 GB RAM and 32 GB inbuilt memory.

Oct 28, 2015 1:42:11 PM via Website

Please check forum.xda-developers.com for the battery drain problem with marshmallow update

Rebooting the phone after charging increases battery life. I took could see this helps. Please check.

• Forum posts: 14

Nov 3, 2015 4:03:17 AM via Website

Bitan Biswas

Please check forum.xda-developers.com for the battery drain problem with marshmallow update

Rebooting the phone after charging increases battery life. I took could see this helps. Please check.

I have found a temporary solution. After each charge, turn the phone off while it is still plugged in.Unplug it and turn it on again. The battery drain, at least for me, is now back to what it was with 5.1. Its a pain and a short term fix, but at least its solves the battery drain problem for now.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this works?

Nov 3, 2015 6:47:28 AM via Website

Shiv,

Yesterday Google has roll out a update which has fixup with this battery issue. At least mine is now working normal and without not using full internet the battery now works for 1.5 days.

regards,
meghal

Nov 10, 2015 6:41:38 AM via Website

Received the patch MRA58N from micromax today morning of 1.8MB and being called security update. Plan to get back if do not see improvement in battery life especially after recharge and no reboot case.

Nov 11, 2015 5:31:08 AM via Website

Bitan Biswas

Received the patch MRA58N from micromax today morning of 1.8MB and being called security update. Plan to get back if do not see improvement in battery life especially after recharge and no reboot case.

I got the same patch frm Spice today. Let's see if it works to fix the battery problem. Since it is a security patch I have my doubts.

• Forum posts: 1

Nov 14, 2015 11:24:39 AM via Website

If you want to want to use your android hone battery then you install f serure app.in my opion it is best app for different fearure of f secure visit to Admin Edit: Promotional Links are Forbidden/ .it help help you

— modified on Apr 2, 2016 12:27:03 PM by moderator

• Forum posts: 4

Nov 15, 2015 12:44:22 PM via Website

Just turn on the airplane mode. the battery drain is due to cellular network, google havent found an solution for it so till google finds an solution ,turn your airplane mode when you dont use the network , thats the only chance of survival ;-)

• Forum posts: 1

Nov 16, 2015 11:32:57 AM via Website

I was also Suffering from this problem ......
What I had done to repair is, just went to micromac service centre abs asked them to install lollipop 5.0 in it ... And the problem is solved ...

Nov 17, 2015 11:19:34 AM via Website

Ubhi,

thats not the solution. You have to update the phone with newly update rollout. This will solve your problem.

Nov 20, 2015 10:56:30 AM via Website

Meghal Shah

Ubhi,

thats not the solution. You have to update the phone with newly update rollout. This will solve your problem.

I installed the update. The battery drain has reduced but it is still more than it was with Android L. A friend who has a Nexus 5 says that his battery life has improved with Marshmallow. I guess its a prblem with the low quaitly hardware used in Android One phones.