The Android notifications menu sometimes fills up with so much stuff that it's easy to instinctively close it without checking everything that was on it. If you've done this, but think there might have been something important on the notifications menu that you accidentally swiped into non-existence, then you can still get it back. Here we show you how to recover lost notifications on your Android device by finding the Android notification history.
The notification log - where you can view deleted notifications - is only available on Android 4.3 Jellybean or above. In our walkthrough, we used stock Android Lollipop.
- Long-tap an empty space on your Android homescreen, then tap Widgets
- Swipe left until you get to the Settings shortcut widget.
- Long-tap the widget until your homescreens appear, then drag it to a homescreen of your choice.
- In the Settings shortcut menu that appears, scroll down to Notification log and tap it.
- A Notification log shortcut will appear on your homescreen. Just tap it, and you’ll have access to your notification history.
Once you're in the notification log, you'll see active notifications in white, and notifications that you closed greyed out. You can tap the greyed-out notifications just like you would normally, and you'll be taken straight to the source of the notification.
Are you guilty of accidentally deleting your notification history? Has this tip saved your life? Let us know!