Do allow me to take couple minutes of your time to introduce my company secQ.me, and our android app "secq.me" which we just put to Android Market couple weeks ago.
Every year, in Malaysia, there are many woman and children gone missing, or being forced into unwanted situation (such as being rape, or kidnap, or worse killed). Often, when those situation happen when least expected, such as One, taking a Taxi home at late night, picking Car from Car Park, waiting someone, or even just cycle to school.
There are many mobile security/tracking service in the market (e.g life360,EAR http://www.ears.my/) ofter aid for user when facing emergency, almost all the app require user to take our their phone, launch the app, and trigger a "panic" button during emergency. However, most often then not, when unwanted situation happen, we found that one is in abilities to call for any help, because:
- We panic, or have hurt our self, we unable to take out our phone to call for help..
- We being after by bad people, or threaten with knife/gun, and we not able to take out our phone to trigger for help.
- Our phone is lost or out of battery, or being force to turn off..
And when we finally have the opportunity to trigger for help, it's usually too late for our friend or local authorities to do anythings..
What if there is a service that will automatically trigger help to my emergency contacts, my social network (such as Facebook and Twitter) when I in danger, and allows my contacts, and my friends to continue track where am I, even I unable to push the "panic" button when emergency occur.
secQ.me - The service
Hence our inspiration of secQ.me service (Malaysia Patent PI 20094798, other country patent pending), we offer individual user (especially for woman and children) an guardian angel that provide watchful eye to user, should user is in any emergency, even without a mobile phone, user's emergency contacts will get notified automatically.
Please check a short presentation and demo for our service, we submitted for YTL Global Developer Challenge at
A complete write up about our App and it's features at our blog at http://blog.secq.me/about
We just upload our application to Android Market at 21/Jan/2011, we very keen to know your view about our app, and how we shall further improve it. We would appreciate if you could download our app, give it try, and provide us constructive feedbak.
Here's are the steps to activate and use our services
1) Download secQ.me android app from Market, keyword “secq.me”, or at AndroidPIT : http://www.androidpit.com/en/android/market/apps/app/com.secqme.client.andrioid/secQ-me
2) Register your account from the Android App or our web Portal at http://secQ.me
3) An activation email will send to your email account, click the activation link
4) Once activated, login to our portal, and configure your emergency contacts, and link with your SNS (Facebook & Twitter) setting
5) Verify secQ.me Android app by key in your email and your register event pin
6) Start using the services
BTW, all new sign up account will have 10 sms credits, which is use for notification purpose..
Founder of secQ.me
You safety, our priority!