DescriptionPURPOSE - Dharma Voices is a series of Buddhist Insights. Its purpose is for the user to contemplate each of the Insights to his or her own understanding. Since I first developed this app back in Feb 2012, this has truly become an app which you could use and apply to your daily life.
SOURCE - I graduated from The University of New South Wales, Sydney Australia. In 1987, I joined our University Buddhist Society (UNIBUDS). Each Friday night, the Society would invite a guest speaker to conduct a Dharma talk to students. Monks and Nuns from various Buddhist traditions form the basis of such guest speakers. Since 1987, I attended most of these talks, whilst at the same time sparingly written down brief notes of interest to me. It is from such written notes, where I interpret with my own understanding are where the Insights for Dharma Voices comes from.
Application - This Dharma Voices is in Beta stage. So far it consists of three Insights and more will be added gradually. On this app you will find photos taken by me during my trip to Burma (Myanmar) around 1996. There is also a short discourse on the Five Precepts for users to contemplate on. Finally, there are ads predominately books written by my wife and myself. This app was design for tablet and was tested on a Sony Tablet S. It was also tested on a HTC Desire HD. Further functions via available icons are :
(1) Chime Icon - Will ring a Buddhist chime.
(2) Triple Gem Icon - Will play a Theravada chant - Taking the Three Refuge.
(3) Namo Icon - Will play the Namo Amituofo chant.
(4) Scroll Icon - Display an enlightening Dhammavadaka poem.
(5) Dharma Explorer - Randomly takes you to other websites with Dharma related contents.
App Updates - The app had progressively been upgraded to include further Insights, additional functionalities such as a Bell Chime, Chanting and Dharma Explorer.
Contributions Welcome - If you would like to contribute, please feel free to contact me. 3 possible types of contributions are available:
(1) Dharma Insights if you have wisdoms you like to add along with your name displayed in the main right hand section of the app. OR
(1) Via the Dharma Explorer Icon mentioned above. OR
(2) New dedicated graphic banner. OR
Finally - I hope you will find this app of great use, intrigue and enjoyment to you, as much as I enjoyed building this app. May all sentient Beings be Well and Happy!
Questions - If you have any questions, please contact me on 'firstname.lastname@example.org'.