DescriptionThis app is a real navigation tool designed for outdoors sports like hiking, bushwalking, mountain biking, kayaking and trail riding. Its simple to use and works even in the remotest back country since it doesn't need network connectivity. It allows you to work in UTM or lat/lon coordinates so you can use it with your topographic maps. Waypoints and track logs recorded in the field can be be viewed later in Google Earth.
* Shows your current location in easting/northing (UTM) or in lat/lon.
* Can store your current location as a waypoint, and can store your track as a "breadcrumb" trail to show where you've been.
* Waypoints and breadcrumb trails can be imported from and exported to Google Earth KML and GPX files.
* Allows manual entry of waypoints in UTM or lat/lon coords.
* Shows your speed, direction of travel, and total distance travelled.
* Can guide you to a waypoint with the "Goto" screen using true or compass bearings.
* Has a magnetic compass page.
* Auto computes the local magnetic declination at startup using the IGRF-11 model.
* Can display either a simple map of your current location and the stored waypoints, or a Google Map if a data connection is available.
* Supports the world-wide WGS84 datum along with the Australian datums and map grids AGD66, AGD84, GDA94, AGD, GDA, AMG, and MGA. (You can use WGS84 for NAD83 maps also)
* The ellipsoid and shift parameters for a custom datum can also be entered (full version only).
* Displays distances and speeds in metric or imperial/US units.
* Lists satellite locations and signal strengths.
* Can display MGRS grid ref
* Can email a clickable link showing your location to a friend using gmail (full version only)
* Can draw an elevation profile of your route (full version only)
* Can average GPS locations to give a more accurate result (full version only)
* Has online help pages.
* Thoroughly tested by the developer on bushwalks.
Permissions required: (1) GPS - to determine your location, (2) Network access - for access to Google Map tiles, and (3) SD card access - to load and store waypoints and tracklogs.
Crashes: If you experience a crash please provide information such as what page you were on, exactly what you were doing, and what device you are using. Otherwise bugs are very hard to reproduce. Thanks.
Keywords: hike, walk, cycle, cycling, ride, tracklog, remote, backcountry, wilderness, wild, navigator, garmin, etrex, magellan, topo, gps tracker, gps surveyor, survey