DescriptionEasy to use outdoor navigation app with most recent topographic maps of New Zealand, Cook Islands and Tokelau.
This app gives you similar mapping options as you might know from Garmin or Magellan GPS handhelds.
Main features for outdoor-navigation:
• Create and edit Waypoints
• Track Recording (with speed, elevation and accuracy profile)
• Tripmaster with fields for odometer, average speed, bearing, elevation, etc.
• GPX-Import / Export, KML-Export
• Search (placenames, POIs, streets)
• Customizable datafields in Map View and Tripmaster (e.g. Speed, Distance, Compass, ...)
• Share Waypoints, Tracks or Routes (via eMail, Facebook, ..)
• and many more ...
LIMITATIONS OF THE FREE VERSION:
• Max. 3 Waypoints
• Max. 3 Tracks
• No Routes
• No import of waypoints and tracks
• No Bulkdownload
• No Local City DB (Offline Search)
Available map layers:
• Topomaps New Zealand (seamless coverage at scales 1:250.000 and 1:50.000)
• Google Maps (Satellite images, Road- and Terrain-Map)
• Open Street Maps (OSM Mapnik and Cloudemade Cyclemap)
Use this navigation app for outdoor activities like hiking, biking, camping, climbing, riding, skiing, canoeing or offroad 4WD tours.
Preload FREE map data for areas without cell service. (Pro version only)
The topographic maps were created by Land Information New Zealand (LINZ).
Topo50 is the official topographic map series used by New Zealand emergency services.
How topographic information is used
Defence planning: New Zealand's defence forces use topographic information for planning military exercises and swapping information with international partners.
Location and routing: Search and Rescue, defence, ambulance, fire service, police and civil defence agencies use topographic information in a wide range of planning and operational situations, from natural disasters to community policing. Usage may involve mobile/field and control room situations, and the combination of topographic information with other data.
Land management: Topographic information is used by local government for regional planning and operations, and by power, gas and telecommunications companies.
In addition, LINZ maps are used for a great variety of purposes by businesses and government departments such as the Department of Conservation, and by recreational users such as trampers and tourists.
All topographic maps have additional labels for better readability at higher zoom scales. Maps are rendered with Atlogis® hillshading to enhance topography.
Topo Map Coverage:
New Zealand and Islands (Antipodes, Auckland, Bounty, Campbell, Chatham, Kermadec, Raoul, Snares and Stewart Islands) at scale 1:50.000 and 1:250.000
Cook Islands (Aitutaki, Atiu, Mangaia, Manihiki, Mauke, Mitiaro, Palmerston, Penrhyn, Pukapuka, Rakahanga, Rarotonga, Suwarrow, Takute) at scale 1:25.000
Tokelau Islands (Atafu, Nukunonu, Fakaofo) at scale 1:25.000
Please send comments and feature requests to firstname.lastname@example.org