DescriptionThe Collins English Dictionary 2011 Complete & Unabridged is a rich source of words for everyone who loves language. Not only is the dictionary comprehensive and authoritative with its 123,000 headwords and 200,000 definitions, but it also offers outstanding coverage of world, regional and dialect English.
Including a much wider range of words than ever before, the extensive coverage of geographical, scientific, and technical entries has been updated by the Collins team of leading academic experts.
The Foremost Authority on the Language of Today
Fully-revised language notes give advice on using the right word in the right place, and thousands of word histories trace the roots of modern English. All this has been complemented with a refreshingly clutter-free design, which is easy to use and easy on the eye, taking you straight to the information you need with the minimum of fuss.
* Have confidence
Discover all the latest words as they appear in the language.
* Get it right
You can rely on Collins; all our definitions, examples, idioms and usage notes are based on the Collins Word Web - our unrivaled and constantly updated 2.5 billion-word database of today's English.
* Get there fast
Accessible layout that's easy on the eye, guiding you quickly to what you want.
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
* A learning tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
* A 'Favourites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your 'History', so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover a new word every day with the 'Daily' feature
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
* See words in context with example sentences
* Online and offline modes supported; the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections