Description"Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date"
The perfect application to help you study the sonnets of the greatest English writer.
* The complete set of 154 sonnets
* Very fast and simple to use
* Works offline, even in "airplane mode". Access all sonnets anytime, anywhere, no internet connection needed.
* Powerful search system. Search by Sonnet, Line or text. Perfect for studying
* Bookmark your favorite sonnets of lines for quick future reference
* Receive daily sonnets in the notification bar
* Read random sonnets
* Share any sonnet by Email, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
* Listen to the sonnets using Android's built-in Text-to-speech synthesizer
* Works in both portrait and landscape mode for easier reading
* Optimized for all Android version from 1.6 to 4.0 (ICS)
Q: How can I share a sonnet from the list?
A: Just pressing for 2 or 3 seconds and a menu with the available sharing options will appear
Q: How can I change the speech speed?
A: The speed of the speech is controlled by the TTS engine installed with Android. It can be set up by going to:
Settings --> Voice input & output settings --> Text to speech settings --> speech rate
Q: I don't like the voice. How can I improve it?
A: The default text-to-speech engine installed with Android is Pico TTS, it’s pretty simple and sometimes may sound a bit electronic. You can always install alternatives like eSpeak, SVox or IVONA from Android Market.
Q: How can I change the speech accent?
A: Just go to Menu --> Settings and select the language. Currently, 2 accents are available:
* English (US)
* English (GB)
About the permissions:
We know you may be worried about the permissions required by the application so here is the explanation of why they are needed:
To load the ads used to support the development of the application, these permissions are required:
- Full Internet access
- View network state
About the speech synthesizer:
The text-to-speech (TTS) technology may not be available in some devices. To check if your phone is able of speech synthesis: Menu -> Settings -> Voice input & output -> Text-to-speech settings.
If not installed, your device may ask you to install the TTS engine. An internet connection may be required. We recommend installing it before traveling as roaming data tariffs may be very expensive.
Tags: writer, Shakespeare, Sonnets, offline