DescriptionLike the free version, but with more functionality.
- Ability to save multiple points.
- Save and import .kml files.
- Add, edit, and delete points from a map. Note that a data connection is required for the map.
- Email or text as many saved points as you wish. Kml files can be attached to emails.
- Enter coordinates manually in either decimal or sexagesimal (degrees, minutes, seconds) format.
- Notes field for each location.
- List of coordinates is searchable by location name and notes.
- Includes altitude.
- No ads.
- A radar-like readout that shows your locations with respect to your current location and bearing. See the screen shot with the large grey circle. This can be used with no data connection (unlike Maps).
- distance units: kilometres, miles, and nautical miles. Altitude and signal accuracy are only displayed in meters. For the metrically impaired, a meter is almost 1.1 yards.
<<< Update information >>>
version 2.08 - 2.10
December 27, 2013:
Simple bug fix.
December 26, 2013:
A few fixes.
Added the 'radar' screen. You can view your locations with respect to distance and bearing from your current location. Please note that this is very new and may have some issues.
December 24, 2013:
Bug fix in the maps
December 22, 2013
- fix to prevent battery usage while the app is not in use. A timer was not being paused.
December 22, 2013 update includes:
- export to .kml file (Sd card is needed). You can also choose the folder.
- import .kml files.
- attach .kml to email file (can be done without an Sd card)
- notes field for each location.
- much more efficient list and map.
- shows current location and compass on the map. You can disable this.
- custom name prefix. example: 'Fishing Trip'
- auto-increment custom name. Example: Fishing Trip 001, Fishing Trip 002, Fishing Trip 003
- Automatic GPS enable and disable. You can choose to keep GPS active for x minutes after you close the application. The default is 1 minute. Note that it takes significantly longer to acquire the first signal. Also, the first few signals tend to be very inaccurate during the GPS 'warm up' period.
- list is searchable by name and notes. This includes 'fuzzy search', or 'approximate matching'.
- Options for more map marker sizes and more color options.
- Can disable the satellite view on the map to view roads only. This loads much quicker on slow connections.
- Includes altitude. This was not trivial to implement accurately for offline use. You can choose between WGS84 (ellipsoid) and EGM96 (approximate sea level).
- Coordinates in polar regions will not appear correctly on the map. The latitude range seems to be within -84 to +81. All of the Antarctic coastline is covered. Northern Greenland is not covered.
- The Compass on the maps page may error by as much as 20 degrees at times. Note that electronics and iron interfere with the compass on your device.
- .kmz files are not supported. A .kmz file is simply a compressed .kml file. You should be able to unzip the .kmz and import the extracted .kml file.
GPS coordinates and location paid