DescriptionThe offline mappa map helps you make the most of Corsica in France with a POI database and search built in.
This is the mappa map for Corsica (French: Corse) which is an island and region of France in the Mediterranean Sea.
A mountain in the sea, Corsica is also called Island of beauty. Tourists can enjoy the sea (beach, scuba diving, sailing) and the mountains (hiking, also the famous GR 20). Most visitors come to Corsica in the summer months, and particularly in August.
There are four airports on the island: Ajaccio, Bastia, Calvi and Figari (next to Porto-Vecchio). It's advisable to rent a car when in Corsica, as the public transport is very poor. There are only 3 train lines connecting the major cities, the rest is by bus - which at most leaves twice a day!
Corsica has many walking trails, including the GR 20, perhaps the best known and most difficult of all the Grande Randonnée trails. Corsica has excellent beaches. Beside sunbathing and swimming almost every beach offers opportunities to snorkel. Some more popular beaches will rent windsurf boards and kite-surfing boards. Scuba diving is available, particularly at popular beaches near islands and in major towns. Expect to pay around €45-60 euros for a one hour dive.
Once the sun goes down, many people stay on or near the beach, enjoying gelato or one of the many beachside bars and restaurants.
Top 5 reasons to get your offline mappa map for Corsica, France:
1. SIMPLE - No geeky features. It’s a map!
2. ENTIRE LOCATION AVAILABLE OFFLINE - download the entire city and POI database to your phone and travel without an Internet connection. You won’t get any nasty roaming charges. Your map will work anywhere.
3. VECTOR DATA - means that you get maximum detail, maximum zoom and maximum coverage with a tiny map file that takes moments to download and uses hardly any space on your phone.
4. POINT OF INTEREST DATABASE BUILT-IN - Search a dozen categories including, restaurants, bars and hotels, also handy places such as hospitals, taxi ranks and public transport stops. We’ve also included a fuzzy partial search for POI and street names to make it fast and easy.
5. EXCELLENT COVERAGE - Maps are the very latest OpenStreetMap with superb coverage and detail. And you will get free updates to the app and map forever as long as we add new versions.
Install your offline mappa map for Corsica now!
Follow us @