DescriptionOm Meditation helps to improve the focus of the mind. Om Meditation app makes it a fun event by setting goals that you can achieve and at the same time allowing you improve your concentration.
The original name for this technique is called as Trataka in Sanskrit.
Patanjali's Yoga Sutras mentions this as "Ekatattva Abhayasa". It means the practise of One reality. Trataka is the
fixing of one's gaze, either externally or internally, on a point of attention. Together with this process,
a breathing exercise may have to be practiced to calm the disturbances in the mind.
More on Trataka Meditation can be found here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trataka.
Benefits of Trataka or Om Meditation are
- Improves concentration, memory and mental power
- Some cases have shown to give spiritual powers
- Reduces stress and tension
- Improves motiviation power and foresight
The best way to use the app is
Focus on the moving ball and/or the sound of Om in the background.
Let your breath relax as you are doing the above step.
Once the mind is calmer then try focusing on the center Om or the dot.
The features in the app include
- Home screen to choose between Conzentration and Settings.
- Settings screen that allows choosing the time from 1 minute to 10 minutes for your conzentration and 2 different backgrounds that suit your mood.
- Post a message to facebook on the settings screen to let your friends know about your conzentrating skills.
- Clicking done takes you to the conzentrating screen so you practice.
If you feel strained or stressed then stop immediately and let your mind/body system relax.
The app has a decent number of chants and meditation music and more are coming in the way. This meditation app has a timer in the form of a slider in it. This app also helps novices learn to meditate and overcome the difficulties in beginning meditation. The app includes pictures of some saints too like Ramana Maharishi, Mahavatar Babaji etc.
The app has very good gaming features and also integrates with Open Feint to post to one leader board and unlock meditation based achievements.