DescriptionWith EDS (Encrypted Data Store) you can store your files in the encrypted container to prevent unauthorized access to sensitive information.
TrueCrypt(R) container files are supported. The program can operate in two modes: "normal" and "mounted".
In "normal" mode you can open a container on any supported device but it doesn't provide "on the fly" encryption. So you'll have to decrypt a file to some temporary location to open it in external application (except some media formats).
Normal mode supports only FAT file system.
Mounted mode provides "on the fly" encrytpion: you can work directly with your encrypted files in any application. However mounted mode works only on rooted device. Also the kernel must have fuse support or the appropriate eds kernel module. Mounted mode supports the following file systems: FAT, EXT4, EXT3, EXT2, NTFS (with fuse).
Main program features:
* AES, Serpent, Twofish, AES-Twofish, AES-Twofish-Serpent, Serpent-AES, Serpent-Twofish-AES, Twofish-Serpent encryption algorithms.
* SHA-512, RIPEMD-160, Whirlpool hash algorithms.
* Encrypt/decrypt any kind of file.
* TrueCrypt(R) compatible containers. You can mount your containers to your pc directly from your device using TrueCrypt(R).
* Hidden containers support
* Keyfiles support
* Container mounting is supported (on rooted devices). You can use any file manager, gallery program or media player to access files inside mounted container.
* All the standard file operations supported.
* You can play media files directly from the container.
* You can use a hand-drawn pattern along with a password to get easier access to your container on a device with a touch screen.
* You can use an integrated records editor with customizable fields to store different types of records. E.g., you can setup one directory in your container to store your passwords and another to store your credit cards information.
* You can use indexed search to find files or records in your container.
* You can synchronize your containers using Dropbox.
* You can quickly open the folder (or file) that you want from the Home screen using widget.
The full version of the program requires Internet Access permission. It is used for Dropbox synchronization and to play media files. Media files are played using http streaming. It requires a connection to the local socket. The program won't make any external connections (except Dropbox server connection if synchronization is enabled).
If you're concerned about this, you can try the "Lite" version.
If you want to use a TrueCrypt container in Eds you must use the following settings when creating a container.
Encryption algorithm: AES, Serpent, Twofish, AES-Twofish, AES-Twofish-Serpent, Serpent-AES, Serpent-Twofish-AES, Twofish-Serpent
Hash algorithm: SHA-512, RIPEMD-160, Whirlpool
File system: FAT, ext4*,ntfs*,ext3*,ext2*
* - only on mounted containers
Please send your error reports, comments and suggestions to email@example.com .