DescriptionBored while commuting? No time to read? Learn something while working out? Player FM helps you discover and play talk shows on hundreds of topics. Offline playback is supported too. Yes, it's a podcast app, but not the one your grandpa used!
"Player FM makes podcasts look cool again."
"Right from the start, I found the experience of using Player FM enjoyable. Searching for new podcasts was a breeze...I’m actually rather surprised this app is free."
"Guides you to smart, interesting podcasts based on category, channel, or even specific topics"
"Attractive UI...What this new app really brings to the table is the way it presents new content to podcast listeners."
- Android Central
• Stream or sync...it's your choice. We make it simple to stream endlessly from online sources just like Pandora and Stitcher, but we also support syncing so you can play offline, anytime, and with plenty of sync options (e.g., download limits, wifi-only, charging-only). With our Play Later feature, you can easily download older episodes too.
• Your subscriptions live in the cloud, so you can sync them across Android devices. Player FM is now optimised for tablets too.
• Not just a Holo-themed Android app, but a a full-featured web app too at http://player.fm. Our website lets you search, browse, play, and manage your subscriptions from any browser.
• Explore 300+ niche topics. Not just "TV", but a dedicated "Mad Men" channel. Not just "Tech" but a dedicated "Android" channel. You get the gist. We've hand-picked the best shows on every major sport, art form, technology platform, and more. You'll also find specialised professional and academic topics, e.g. separate channels for each major programming language, various health and sciences, and languages you might be learning.
* Search 20,000 series. Play them now or subscribe for later.
* Channels, not catalogues! Each topic is a *live* playable channel mixing all the latest on-topic episodes. Star your favorites to keep them in the quick-access menu. Flip between episode listings and series thumbnails.
• Get social. With a public profile, you'll be able to show friends what you're subscribed to. Don't worry - private profiles are also supported and perfectly welcome! You can log in via traditional username/password or Google Plus login. There's also guest mode with no login required at all.
• View shownotes and descriptions on any episode or series and share with other apps. Supports Android Share feature to share episodes and series.
• Browse full history for any series you're looking at; if it's in their RSS feed, you can load it and play it.
• Homescreen widget? Lockscreen widget? Notifications? Check, check, check. All interactive, allowing you to pause/play and skip to next track. When inside the app, you'll always be able to control playback from our "permaplayer", no matter what screen you're on.
• Star up to 50 topics and manage up to 20 subscriptions, always free. Gain more subscriptions by inviting friends (see http://player.fm/invites). A Pro account is planned in the future with unlimited subscriptions and other benefits.
* Import OPML from other apps (iTunes, PocketCasts, etc.) and export it from ours. No lock-in here!
What's the catch? It's a new app and so far, it only downloads latest episodes. It makes the download process super-simple, but means you can't delete episodes manually as they're auto-deleted. To play older episodes, you can stream them or use the app's built-in Export feature to save audio files to file system. A future version will let you download and play older episodes inside the app.