DescriptionCall and message notifications from the camera LED flash.
7 different flash notification patterns
Reminder notifications for missed calls and unread messages
Perfect notifications for
- dark or noisy environments like a night out
- quiet environments like meetings and offices,
- monitoring your phone at a distance
- Usability for the hearing impaired.
Getting the camera flash to work properly on all devices has been a challenge.
If your flash is not lighting up, try the Beacon Support Tool: http://goo.gl/xrlLU to find a workaround.
Please send any questions to email@example.com
Third party SMS apps (chomp SMS, GO SMS, handcent etc and some custom ROMS like MIUI) might hijack SMS messages and prevent them from reaching other apps including Beacon. If the flash fires when you receive calls but not SMSs, this is most likely why and you should check your SMS app settings to disable hijacking.
In GO! SMS go to
settings -> Advanced -> other setting
and make sure "Disable other message notification" is not active.
HTC One X owners that are not seeing flash notifications on incoming calls should update to lates firmware from HTC (Jelly Bean).
- Samsung galaxy nexus will probably not be supported due to weird flash restrictions from Samsung (Camera preview must be rendered to screen).
- Some motorola and LG devices might have issues. please let me know via mail if you experience problems.
- Some versions of Samsung devices will not work at the moment. this includes some versions of the S2 (Samsung is shipping 9(!) different versions of the S2).
In any case, try the app and if it fails, hit Refund in yje plasy store within 15 minutes to get an automatic refund.
Thanks for your support!