How can I market my app?

• Replies:53
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Jun 21, 2013 9:45:40 AM via Website

Nice Post and lovely discussion Thanks for writing this post...I really liked it a lot..

Admin edit: **do not use our forum for your own promotion**

— modified on Jun 21, 2013 10:17:55 AM by moderator

Oct 30, 2013 3:42:34 AM via Website

Try Appcrazi to market and expose your apps. It's free and it works. They focus on online mobile app marketing: appcrazi.com

— modified on Oct 30, 2013 3:43:03 AM

Nov 7, 2013 10:38:34 AM via Website

Hi Gugys,

I do have some suggestions to marktet your app.
Here are some suggestions I read from a post recently, I think it will be helpful for you.

1 Optimize the app title and keywords. When people are looking for apps in app store, they prefer to search some keywords like shooting game, office software and etc. Optimize the title of your app’s title and description is the first thing you should do after you have developed your app.

2 Make an explainer video for your app. Making an explainer video is a very cost and effective app marketing strategy, because it constantly increase the conversion rate of your app. 70% of people prefer to purchase or download app after watched a video, they are also more satisfied than those who didn't. Because a video could give the user an effective preview of the app, to help they understand an app before they actually own it. There are many great app explainer video service providers such as Appgovideo.com, Appegges.com and etc.

3. Start a blog. This is free and quite effective as well. You may announce and update the news of your app, your company and your team in your blog and you will be able to build great publicity for your own organization. The reason is simple, every people love stories.

Deactivated Account

Nov 20, 2013 8:18:03 AM via Website

The best way to market mobile app is third-party endorsements. Try to get it reviewed from tech bloggers, press coverage and word of mouth should be the preferred avenues.
And most important, pay keen attention to reviews posted by the users of your application and work hard over your application in case of negative review.

Nov 28, 2013 7:22:50 AM via Website

You can take a help of social community at where million people is existed. So more and more people is taking an interest in your app and buy it.

Jan 15, 2014 11:54:28 AM via Website

The Kumbu Dev Team
Hello, I have a small app in the Android market. Its been there for a while now (about 3 months).

Unfortunately, the sales numbers have not been very good. Less than 10 people bought the app in those 3 months. My team's marketing strategy as been simple: posts on Android forums. At this moment we can't afford buying advertisement, because these kind of numbers don't seam very promising.

I've tried lowering the price (it's selling at 1€ / 1.3$ right now) but that didn't have much effect (only one sell in about 3 weeks at this lower price).

There's a lot of competition for our app (even free apps) but I think I've got a quality app and I was expecting getting better business at this point.

We have been updating the app with new features and bugfixes.

So does anyone have marketing tips for us?

Thanks for your comments.

(And here's the app http://www.androidpit.com/en/android/market/apps/app/com.kumbu/Kumbu )
Yes it absolutely true. There are many apps coming now a days and I can suggest VP marketing on demand, they provide free go to market plan, go to market strategy and a product road map that will help in business development and market strategies as well. It is worth to spend time on VP marketing on demand.

Jan 21, 2014 6:55:40 AM via Website

Have you tried submitting your app to different app stores? There are a ton of other app stores out there apart from Google Play and Amazon. China has a massive Android market but Google Play is blocked there.
There's a tool by InMobi called AppPublish (h_tt_p://www.inmobi.com/products/app-publish/) that allows you to upload your app to all these stores with a single click. Maybe you can try that out. It'll certainly widen your market and get you more downloads.

ps: Do make sure you have some sort of localization when you're submitting to app stores in the far east. Its totally worth the extra effort.

Jan 29, 2014 11:27:05 AM via Website

Go To Market Strategies is a sales and marketing resource center that your app business to achieve big aspirations with limited budgets by delivering app templates.

— modified on Jan 29, 2014 11:27:56 AM

Jan 31, 2014 7:45:44 AM via Website

Well in addition to free apps, its good to know what the user is looking for. What do they like about your app and what don't they like. Have you surveyed your current users to see what they like or don't like?