Android 5.0 Lollipop has started rolling out to a number of devices already. If you're still yet to receive it, you may be asking yourself "when will my Android device get the Android 5.0 update?" It's a good question, so here's what we currently know about when you can expect the Android 5.0 Lollipop update.
We've broken our list down by manufacturer, so just scroll down to find your OEM and look for your specific device. We'll let you know if it has been confirmed or suspected (and wherever possible, the expected date of arrival). In the meantime, check out the coolest Android 5.0 Lollipop features. If you need a little refresher, here's everything you need to know about Android 5.0 Lollipop. We've also got a video for you below.
- Nexus 4 - available now - all thing Nexus 4 update related
- Nexus 5 - available now - all things Nexus 5 update related
- Nexus 6 - Android Lollipop out of the box
- Nexus 7 (2013) - available now - all things Nexus 7 (2013) update related
- Nexus 7 - available now - all things Nexus 7 update related
- Nexus 9 - Android Lollipop out of the box
- Nexus 10 - available now
- Moto E - Confirmed by Motorola, expected "really soon"
- Moto G - rolling out in India - all things Moto G update related
- Moto G LTE edition - Confirmed by Motorola, expected "really soon"
- Moto X - Confirmed by Motorola, expected "really soon"
- Moto G (2014) - Available now - all things Moto G (2014) update related
- Moto X (2014) - Available now - all things Moto X (2014) update related
- Droid Turbo - Confirmed by Motorola, expected early 2015
Motorola has now made it even easier to determine if and when your device will get the Android 5.0 Lollipop update thanks to a dedicated page on the official Motorola website. As of yet, Motorola device owners are unable to see an exact date of the update, only that it will or will not arrive on their device. Hopefully more info will be added in the near future.
- HTC One - within the next couple of weeks - all things HTC One (M7) update related
- HTC One M8 - by February 3rd, 2015 - all things HTC One (M8) update related
- HTC One mini - promised for update, no hard schedule
- HTC One mini 2 - promised for update, no hard schedule
- HTC One Max - promised for update, no hard schedule
- HTC One GPE - rolling out
- HTC One M8 GPE - rolling out - all things HTC One (M8) GPE related
- Other HTC devices expected to make the update include the Butterfly 2, Desire 816 and Desire 820, Desire Eye, One (E8) and possibly the Desire S.
- Galaxy Note 4 - Early 2015 - all things Galaxy Note 4 update related
- Galaxy Note Edge
- Galaxy S5 - available now in parts of Europe (including UK) - all things Galaxy S5 update related
- Galaxy S5 Mini
- Galaxy Alpha
- Galaxy S4 - Early 2015 - all things Galaxy S4 update related
- Galaxy S4 GPE - rolling out
- Galaxy Note 3 - expected in January 2015 - all things Galaxy Note 3 update related
- Galaxy TabPRO 8.4
- Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1
- Galaxy Tab 12.2 Pro
- Galaxy Tab S 8.4
- Galaxy Tab S 10.5
- Galaxy S3 - not official, but you can get custom version - all things Galaxy S3 update related
- LG G Pad 8.3 GPE - pending, expected very soon
- LG G3 - Available now (for international models) - all things LG G3 update related
- LG G3 Stylus
- LG G2
- LG G Pad 8.3
- LG G2 Mini
- LG G Flex
- Xperia Z Ultra GPE - pending, expected very soon
- Xperia Z3 - February - all things Xperia Z3 update related
- Xperia Z3 Compact - ''beginning of 2015''
- Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact - ''beginning of 2015''
- Xperia Z Ultra
- Xperia Z1
- Xperia Z2 - ''beginning of 2015''
- Xperia Z2 Tablet - ''beginning of 2015''
- Xperia ZL
- Xperia ZR
- Xperia Z1S
- Xperia Z3v
- ZenFone4 - April 2015
- ZenFone5 - April 2015
- ZenFone6 - April 2015
- ZenFone 5 LTE - April 2015
- PadfoneS - April 2015
- The new PadFone Infinity - April 2015
The Android Lollipop SDK was made available to 3rd party developers on October 17th, so if those "90-day" manufacturers stick to their word, you could see be seeing Android Lollipop on your device before the end of January. The final code was delivered to OEMs on November 3rd. For everything else relating to Android Lollipop, head over to our what you need to know about Android 5.0 Lollipop page.
Which device are you waiting for the Android 5.0 Lollipop update on?