First and foremost, make sure you are using a strong Wi-Fi connection or that your mobile connection is turned on.
You might need to fix the notification settings. Fix this by:
- Going into the WhatsApp
- Pushing on the Menu Button
- Tapping on settings and then notifications
There are three options: Message notifications, Group notifications and broadcast notifications. You can regulate them as desired.
If this isn't the issue, there is one more solution: you might not be getting your messages pushed from Google's push service.
The way to fix this is:
- Reboot your phone (power down and power up)
- Delete and reinstall WhatsApp
- Allow Background data by going under Settings --> Data Usage --> Menu Button
- Start the Hangouts App by pressing Menu Button and sign out of ALL of your accounts by tapping on account, scrolling down and choose ''sign out''. Then re-start Hangouts and sign back into your account(s).
- Turn on Wi-Fi connection
- Make sure you Wi-Fi connection sleep policy is set up: got to Setttings --> Wi-Fi -->Menu Button --> Advanced --> Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep--> select ''Always''
- Attention HTC devices: turn off fast boot in Menu button --> settings--> power -->fast boot. If you have Android 2.3, set Power Mode to economy by going -->Settings --> Power --> Economy mode settings --> uncheck ''Disable background data''. Now, restart your phone.
Also, unistall any task killers which will keep your messages from popping up.
Hopefully this has helped you figure out the problem!
Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! Important to all community members: please read before posting